Chrysler 300C - Volume 2 - Murphy The Cat

{Prior to locking this thread, it was one of the longest threads in the history of the Backroom (260 replies to date 06 Aug 2006). It has grown so big that I've separated it to make easier loading and reading for people still on dial up)

Volume 1 of this thread can be found HERE
Volume 3 of this thread can be found HERE

DD.
=====================================================================
Just been given a delivery date of 12th April for my
CRD version and have started the 'countdown'. You are right about
the resemblance to the Rover P5 Commerdriver, thats one of the
unique aspects about the 300C...it has the ability to be brash
American 'bling' or sedate British exec depending on what mods etc
you carry out.

Hi Geordie1

I bet that you're really excited to have got a delivery date for your car, as you say counting down the days.

You mention making "mods" to your car. Have you considered changing the grill ? Whilst the original one looks very very good, there are some American aftermarket grills available to pesonalise your car. One of the best available is called the T-Rex, and is apparently the dogs dangly bits.

MTC
Chrysler 300C - Geordie1
Well Hello there MTC...

'Spooky' you should mention that T-Rex grille! Cant make up my mind between that one and a similar type called the E&G. Perhaps you can assist with my eventual choice and will fitting such a grille effect the front number plate mount?

Geordie1
Chrysler 300C - Murphy The Cat
Well Hello there MTC...
'Spooky' you should mention that T-Rex grille! Cant make up my
mind between that one and a similar type called the E&G.
Perhaps you can assist with my eventual choice and will fitting
such a grille effect the front number plate mount?
Geordie1

Hello Geordie1
I have got the E&G product and I think it looks great - but i was talking to someone the other day who has gone for the T-Rex grill and he though that it was the business. I think that if you choose either you will be a very happy camper. I understand that fitting the badge to the front can be a fiddly job though.

As for the numberplate mount !!!!! after searching t'internet for the best way to mount the numberplate and showing off my new grill, the best solution seemed to be simply turning the numberplate mount upside down. So effective and of course free to do.

You seem very excited to be getting your new car - have you been waiting for long ?

I know of a place where you can get more info about the car if you are interested.

MTC
Chrysler 300C - Geordie1
Hi MTC...

Thanks for the advice re the grille and number plate etc. I have a good mate who resides in the Lake District area who has a 300C CRD. I am sure he will give me the same good advice as your good self when I contact him.

Cheers.

Geordie1
Hi MTC...
Thanks for the advice re the grille and number plate etc.
I have a good mate who resides in the Lake District
area who has a 300C CRD. I am sure he will
give me the same good advice as your good self when
I contact him.
Cheers.
Geordie1

Thats scary......

I know a bloke in the Lake District as well that has a 300C CRD. Decent enough bloke but tends to prattle on a lot about his car.

I'll ask him if he knows you - perhaps we can swap PMs and share info about the car.

MTC
Chrysler 300C - Vin {P}
I notice that in HJ's deals of the week section (to the right) this week, discounting has started on 300Cs...

Chrysler 300C 3.0 V6 CRD Auto £25248 saving £502
Chrysler 300C 5.7 V8 Auto £32275 saving £720

I know it's only £500, but I'm surprised, as there's a long waiting list for diesels at my local dealer.

V
Chrysler 300C - helicopter
- But I´m delighted I finally got to drive one, and thoroughly recommend the experience. Fancy a go in one of those new Cadillacs next time I´m in America.-----

I presume you mean the de Ville touring sedan (DTS)- I can recommend the experience Barchettaman, I hired one in Atlanta last year and took it to New Orleans via Nashville and Memphis ( before the hurricane ).around 300hp Nortstar V8 gives a top speed of around 150mph and 0-60 iirc 5.8 seconds but if you want to cruise the Interstates at 70 its a luxury barge as well.

Absolutely loved it and with 7 days hire just over £200 its a bargain.
I notice that in HJ's deals of the week section (to
the right) this week, discounting has started on 300Cs...
I know it's only £500, but I'm surprised, as there's a
long waiting list for diesels at my local dealer.
V

It's certainly a funny old world V

My local dealer is now quoting 4-5 months ordering for the 300C CRD and other dealers say that they could sell more but they just can't get hold of them.

However in our society, there is always someone who is prepared to sell something for less. At £25750 the car is absolutely, stunningly good value - the amount of bang for your buck is tremendous, it looks like you are now going to get even more bang for the same buck ! Personally, I would take the £500 (2% discount) and put it towards some goodies for the car (apperently the optional 7 speaker Boston Acoustice system with woofer makes buldings wobble & all for £250). I know of another source who will a little bit more money off for you (National reputable supplier), but I don't know how generous they would be to you on the trade in front (I don't know how generous Drive The Deal is either).
My dealer offered to buy my car back off me this weekend for what I paid for it - 4000 miles on the clock. I thanked him & declined his offer.

Going slightly off topic - I notice that they are knocking 8-15% off BMW 3/5 series & Merc C Class & E Class diesels as well - given that the world and his brother SUPPOSEDLY wants to drive a BMW & Mercedes, are people finally realising how hugely overpriced they are ?

MTC
Chrysler 300C - Bill Payer
Murph - Are they any good, these Chrysler 300C's?
My dear Mr Bill Payer

I could fill this website with all of the reasons why I think that you should sell your children, go down to the Chrysler dealership, order the car and then lock yourself into a darkened room and wait the 4 - 5 months that the waiting time for the CRD currently is.

Is there any particular part of the car that I could help you with ?

I have just come across a side by side road test of the 300C CRD and a Jag XJ-D on a German motoring website. As a straight side by side it went to the 300C, when the MASSIVE price difference went in, it became a no brainer. Did you know that a same specced Jag XJ costs exactly DOUBLE a 300C. & the Chrysler has more interior space & better performance !

The car is a fantastic piece of kit at an absurdly low price. May I humbly suggest that you track down a dealer that has a diesel demo (easier said than done) and try one to see for yourself why I have been driving around with a fixed grin on my face since I got my 300C on Jan 20th / 4000 miles ago.

In my opinion, the car really is that good.

MTC
Chrysler 300C - Group B
Saw a 300C driving up the M1 two days ago, the first one I've seen on the move rather than just parked up. Must say IMO it was pretty damn impressive to look at, a Hemi in black. Big car, but theres nothing wrong with that, looked solid and had great road presence.
It was being followed by a new 3-series, and it definitely showed up the Beemers' styling for the dogs breakfast that it is (IMHO)!.

;o)
Chrysler 300C - runboy
Saw one in the flesh today for the first time. Nice silver-ish colour. CRD as I could see from the badge, but the engine sounded sweet and burbly.

Behind it was some class of Merc in a dreary blue. The 300C made the merc look 50 years old.....
Saw one in the flesh today for the first time. Nice
silver-ish colour. CRD as I could see from the badge, but
the engine sounded sweet and burbly.
Behind it was some class of Merc in a dreary blue.
The 300C made the merc look 50 years old.....

It is really hard to write after a nice comment like that without sounding like a smug, gloating clever dick.

But it does make me feel so warm & fuzzy !

I recently went to a meeting and parked next to someone in a brande new E class that had cost him a great deal of money. When we came out of the meeting I had a goodly sized crowd around me and my car, but not one person wanted to know about t'other fellows Merc.
Interestingly, no one had anything but bice thing to say about the 300c, they all got the price wrong by at least 100% and several just could not be persuaded that it wasn't a Bentley.

The joys of motoring.

MTC
I notice that in HJ's deals of the week section (to
the right) this week, discounting has started on 300Cs...
I know it's only £500, but I'm surprised, as there's a
long waiting list for diesels at my local dealer.
V

I'm led to believe that if you actually try and order a 300C CRD on the drivethedeal offer, that actually getting the car for that price may be a touch "difficult" if not impossible.

BUT, if you do manage to get it for the price good on you - I'd just be very, very surprised.

MTC