Chrysler 300C - Volume 1 - Vin {P}

{Prior to locking this thread, it was one of the longest threads in the history of the Backroom (260 replies to date 06 Aug 2006). It has grown so big that I've separated it to make easier loading and reading for people still on dial up)

Volume 2 of this thread can be found HERE
Volume 3 of this thread can be found HERE

DD
=====================================================================

Went for test drive in one of these today.

First impression was that I have never seen a car this size before. Imposing? Astounding more like. The second impression, after I sat in it was that I have never sat in a car this size before. A quick fiddle with the seat and mirror and I was comfortable. Find the handbrake lever and away we went, to a third impression, that I have never driven a car this big before.

Once on the move, though, the size seemed to morph into solidity. I had the feeling that if I hit a bus it would certainly be the bus that came off worse. Handling was fine in general. Unfortunately, it was a model with the silly big wheels, small tyres that seem to be the fashion these days. The choppiness they induced was a bit irritating, but that apart, it was a pleasant drive.

On the motorway and the car was in its element. Breezing along at...70...was effortless and noise free. Onto country roads, and while I wouldn't want to race anyone in it, it was surprisingly easy to drive.

I think that I will have one of these. I'll have the diesel - it's faster and more economical, so why wouldn't I? With a 6 month waiting list, though, I'm not expecting a big discount, so maybe I'll nurse the Omega on for another year or two and get a 300C after they have depreciated a little (or a lot, who can tell?).

I will finish by saying that if you want a rear-wheel limo, you could do a lot worse than to take a look at a 300C. My biggest worry is that at least one professional footballer (if Southampton FC players count) has one. Could I live with that image?

V

Chrysler 300C - Lud
It's an ugly brute though. Might make people think you're a bookie.
Chrysler 300C - Vin {P}
"Ugly"? I left a trail of drool from the test drive to the office as I thought back over the test drive.

V
Chrysler 300C - barchettaman
..I had the feeling that if I hit a bus it would certainly be the bus that came off worse....

Maybe RenaultFamily is regretting the all-too-predictable Touran purchase now.
Seriously though, driving past the dealership here induces similar drooling. What an amazing piece of kit. Wish I could affford one.
Chrysler 300C - Lud
I'm afraid that might have been a bit ugly too.
Chrysler 300C - Lud
All this drool, I mean.
Chrysler 300C - Geordie1
I totally concur with the excellent and accurate observations of 'Vin [P]'. I also had a test drive in the 300 CRD and was completely smitten. I was fortunate enough to get my order in sharpish to avoid the waiting list and will take delivery next month. This car has to be seen in the 'metal'and driven to be fully appreciated, prefereably in Brilliant Black Pearl or Mineral Grey Metallic both of which show it off to maximum effect.

Having regard to the astonishing standard spec.(much too long to list but includes heated electrically adjustable leather seats; auto 'box etc etc) together with the superb latest Merc V6 CRD refined diesel engine returning 35 mpg and the unique alternative styling to the average bland 'Euro Box' this wonderful car is a 'must have' particularly when you look at the amazingly low OTR cost.
Chrysler 300C - Altea Ego
Blimey

Is the SIP that good this year?
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Chrysler 300C - Vin {P}
Oh Gawd, Geordie's not another one?

I need to start a new thread on this - been thinking for some time...

V
Chrysler 300C - Cardew
Driven them in the USA, albeit petrol version, and totally impressed.

It will be really interesting to see what depreciation will be like over the next couple of years.
Chrysler 300C - Murphy The Cat
Confession time

I own a Chrysler 300C CRD in Brilliant Black and I cannot be described in any way as being impartial.

In the month (&1750 miles) that I have owned the car is has exeeded every expectation that I had before purchase (& I expected a lot).

The car is an awesome piece of kit and is absolutely fantastic value for money. I could go on for ever but I think after a while you would think I am making it up - the car really is that good.

Murphy The Cat

p.s. after hitting the bus, the boot is that big that you could put all the people in there.

Chrysler 300C - Lud
Have to say it does sound awfully good. The sort of motor you wouldn't mind being mistaken for a bookie in, and after all if you're driving it you don't have to look at it.

Perhaps too it isn't all that ugly, just rather thuggish looking. The wheels look too big but of course big wheels are good really.
Chrysler 300C - mss1tw
To me it seems like a car version of an X5...Hey everybody look at me!!!

But then, the world would be a dull place if everyone was the same. At least it can walk the walk and not just talk the talk.
most people seem to say (to me) Mafia Hit Man (but in a nice way !).

Murphy The Cat
Chrysler 300C - fray bentos
A few weeks back a London dealer was advertising the petrol versions for £6000 off list. At under £20k gotta be a bargain, but future depreciation could be as killer if they don't catch on.As for the size, remember these are small compared to your average yank tank.In fact I don't know why they wont import the Ford Crown victorias(used as yellow cabs).The're a six seater,fully loaded,and about £8000 in the US!
Chrysler 300C - trancer
Well the Crown Vic is more like £15K before taxes and OTR charges. Throw in import duty, shipping costs and all that other good stuff and the price will rise to an un-saleable figure surely. Thats before you consider the size of the thing, its easily a foot longer than a Merc S-class (foot and a half longer than the 300) and even in its homeland it only appeals to retirees and taxi/police fleets.

The Crown Vic is no match for the 300. In its lincoln Town Car guise its more comparable, but I still think the 300 is the better car. Last year when we were in FL, I had the choice of a better equipped Town Car or waiting 15-20 mins for them to valet a 300 that had just been returned....I waited.
Chrysler 300C - Quinny100
I pulled up at a set of lights in Preston last week next to a diesel 300C. Until you see one you will not believe how enormous they are! It dwarfed my Mk3 Mondeo in every dimension and I felt quite inferior sat alongside it.
Doing the same thing to a BMW 3 series is soooooo satisfying.

But the funny thing is, you do soon get used to the size of it.

MTC
Chrysler 300C - Aprilia
They are just soooooo ugly. I couldn't face looking at it on the drive - even if its brilliant in every other way. I remember when the PT Cruiser was introduced there was an initial surge of interest and Chrysler sold quite a few - but now they are unwanted. Not many British people go for the 'brutal' school of car design. It will probably sell well in Russia though!
Chrysler 300C - mare
I love the look of them. Too big though. Shame that they don't do a 200C
Chrysler 300C - Sofa Spud
I've only seen one so far. If you have to have a pointlessly big show-off car at least it's better looking than )and many times cheaper than) a Rolls-Royce Phantom or a Maybach and it's partly based on the previous generation Mercedes S-Class to boot.

Chrysler 300C - Sofa Spud
Sorry, I didn't mean better looking than the Maybach, just the Rolls, but much cheaper than both.
Chrysler 300C - Pete M
At last! I thought I was alone in my distaste for this lump of something (The Chrysler 300C). Mechanically, it may be impressive, but I think that styling it somewhere between a Facel Vega and a Matchbox toy is a mistake. I haven't seen one in the metal, but if it's as big as has been described, then it's even worse. It gives me that horrible frisson that Edsels and Zils, Moskovitches and Tatras do. It's like seeing an ageing actress without makeup. Not a pleasant feeling.
Chrysler 300C - Geordie1
At last! I thought I was alone in my distaste for
this lump of something (The Chrysler 300C). Mechanically, it may be
impressive, but I think that styling it somewhere between a Facel
Vega and a Matchbox toy is a mistake. I haven't
seen one in the metal, but if it's as big as
has been described, then it's even worse. It gives me
that horrible frisson that Edsels and Zils, Moskovitches and Tatras do.
It's like seeing an ageing actress without makeup. Not a pleasant
feeling

'Pete M'...

Suggest you visit your nearest Chrysler dealership...have a good looooooong look at a 300C...have a test drive...then come back and tell us what you think!
Hi Sofa Spud

If it was based on an S Class all the better, but in fact it is based on a slightly stretched E Class chassis. Which is probably why it handles so well.

As for pointlessly big show off car. hmmmmmm. I'll beg to differ.

I think phenominal value for money against much more expensive (& smaller) German rivals would be more apt. But I would - because I own one and absolutely love it.

For goodness sake, it's bigger than an E class and costs about 2/3rds the price of a similarly specced C Class.

And driving a 300C makes (most) other people smile.

MTC
Chrysler 300C - davros
Saw a German registered 300C estate on the A14 a few weeks back - now that really was an astonishing looking thing and caused plenty of rubber necking.

Herman Munster would chew off his right arm to drive one of those - must be the ultimate wagon for a well healed gothic funeral director....

Davros

Oh yes. Oh yes oh yes. 300C estate in Black = mafia hearse.
Plus they´ve chopped the roofline so much you probably couldn´t get anything more substantial then Don Corleone´s coffin and a horse´s head in there.
Inspired design.
And here, joy of joys, is a Coupé version!
Something for the weekend, Sir?

snipurl.com/mjev
Chrysler 300C - Big Bad Dave
If you think the 300C is big, check out its bigger brother the Chrysler Imperial. Based on a Maybach platform and with suicide rear doors it really is a monster of a car. It?s comical how the 5.7 litre V8 absolutely drowns inside the engine bay. Similar styling with the high waistline and low profile windows but the rear is an abortion and ruins the car. I?m designing a spread on it at the moment and I?m working with some great hi-res factory images but I dunno how to post them.

No shortage of 300Cs in Poland, it?s the luxury car of choice. A couple of weeks ago we shot the 5.7l estate on a frozen lake and the results were amazing. I love them.
Chrysler 300C - SjB {P}
Yes, they certainly look different and have started to grow on me but as I have posted before, I just wish the quality was better. I sat in a 300C 5.7 at a motorshow in Sweden and found the interior especially to be truly woeful; cheap flimsy plastics that flexed when pushed and switches devoid of a nice tactile feel.

(Posted from Warsaw and the land of suicidal traffic again BBD!)
SJB, if you?re in the area we could have a beer. Celebrate Valentines day.
Chrysler 300C - SjB {P}
He he! Love the humour, BBD. Exactly what the BR has come to expect! Today's trip was planned at very short notice (i.e it wasn't in the project plan!) and I will be working right up to when I run for the flight home, but I will certainly be back within a month or two and planned with more notice. If you're happy to share your e-mail address, drop a line to moderators@honestjohn.co.uk and they will then forward it to me. I can the drop you a line when I know the next date without cluttering up the BR. I look forward to the piwa Yywiec!
Dammit SjB, looks like I?ll have to take the wife and mother-in-law out. Email on profile matey.

Dave.
Chrysler 300C - SjB {P}
;-) !!

Ah ha! Didn't think of checking your profile for your e-mail address as I've become detuned from most being hidden and the {P} protocol applying where not. Will drop you a line next time I'm coming over.

Enjoy tonight (as best you can ;-)
barchettaman

I couldn't agree more with you about it looking like a hearse. I saw a black one with very dark tints a while ago and that was my impression as well.

As for carrying capacity, it holds over 2000lt which makes it one of the largest, if not THE largest cargo carrying estate in Britain.

When the UK models are launched later this Spring have a look at an estate to get an idea about just how much gear they can carry. The outside view is very deceptive.

I think one of the reasons that I am enjoying my car so much is that my last motor was a Rover 75 estate.

When the 300C was launched, Chrysler sais you would either love it or hate it, and that there would be no middle ground.
I loved it enough to buy one and I'm getting the most satisfying motoring in my life - which should be the true measure of amy car.

MTC
or a convertable perhaps

www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/13/jeep-gladiator-may.../

MTC
Chrysler 300C - Adam {P}
I think they look stunning. About time we had some different looking saloons around.

I've been fed up carrying the burden myself.
This is my car

link removed at author's request. DD

which I think looks jolly nice !!

MTC
Chrysler 300C - Micky
A nice view somewhat spoilt by the monstrous 300C. Murphy, where was the 'photo taken?
The nice view of my 300C somewaht spoilt by the montrous hills was taken in the lay by (actally the access road to Ashes Lane Caravan Park) at the top of Ratherheath Hill on the A591 just to the south of Staveley in the Lake District.

MTC

whoops picture gone.

here it is again

i1.tinypic.com/nqdxuf.jpg

MTC
Chrysler 300C - Vin {P}
Murphy,

If you don't mind, any chance you could let us know the cost of the mesh grille? Looks great, so I may need to budget for one.

V
Chrysler 300C - sierraman
~must be the ultimate wagon for a well healed gothic funeral director....~

depends what was wrong with him......
Chrysler 300C - Micky
It's a hideous pimp-mobile ideally suited to wannabe celebrity types ... ;-)

Does it handle well?
handles very well indeed.

MTC

Chrysler 300C - Adam {P}
I honestly fail to see how anyone could not like that car!
Chrysler 300C - Micky
Each to their own Adam, but I happen to prefer good taste over bling ;-)
If it´s really that big inside, I take back my misguided mafia coffin/horses head comment, and rejoice in another reason to get one (estate, black, Hemi, shares in BP) in a few years.
I imagine that running a HEMI would be both bad on your wallet and good on the value of BP shares !

However my 300C Diesel is pitching in with 35mpg which I think is rather good for a 3 lt V6 car (that looks sssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooo damn good in Black - for about an hour then it doesn't look as good any more).

MTC
With the Bentley Grill too. Spot on.
I wouldn´t drive it, just park it up, clean it and look at it.
Seriously though the diesel option...35mpgt isn´t too bad. I imagine you drive, ahem , enthusiastically...
Chrysler 300C - Aprilia
If I ever make it as a Rap star then I might consider buying one.
Chrysler 300C - Lud
Another of yr many talents, Aprilia?
Chrysler 300C - Aprilia
Not yet, but never to old to learn something new....
I enjoy the cleaning it and looking at it bit, i'm not so keen on the and then it pees it down bit and cakes my car with crud bit.

As for the enthusiastic question, hmmmmmm. To be honest, no not really that enthusiastically. I make 'staedy prgress' at an 'appropriate speed' for the conditions. The car cruises silently at deserted motorway cruising speeds.

Apparently, so a man in the pub told me, alledgedly at 100 mph it's running at 2850 rpm - which seems very low to me. I'll have to find out which autobahn in Germany he tried this on !

One word of warning though. It is a VERY distinctive car - don't be anywhere you shouldn't be - you will be spotted and remembered.

Also, it helps if you like talking to people. Park up anywhere and someone will come over to chat to you about it - it's a very new and pleasant experience for me!

MTC
Thanks Big Bad Dave

I brought the grill/lower mesh inserts back with me from America last year (3 months before the car came).

The car in America has been a huge hit and is called "the car that saved Chrysler" by some. There is a performance version coming out in Spring called an SRT-8. At 6.1 lt, 2 tons, 0 - 60 in low 5 secs, and a top speed of ? I imagine that it will be quite a performer.

Porsche performance (but not handling) for about 1/3rd of the price.

MTC
Chrysler 300C - Shaz {p}
They're fitting the same engine to the Crand cherokee - got a pretty good / average writeup.
I do like the look of the Imperial though!! Hope they bring that over too.
Chrysler 300C - Dave E
Rented one for 4 days in Orlando last November. Very impressive to look at and to drive but I thought the seats were unsupportive.

HJ mentions the flick, The Island for views of the car. I can suggest a better one, A History of Violence. The car is sooo menacing in that film, it should have been given a credit!
Chrysler 300C - nutty_nissan
I'm glad most people dislike the car so much. It will depreciate very quickly, and in 3 years time I can pick up the V8 model dirt cheap..

I actually like this car. Nice, proper sized car ;-)
Chrysler 300C - Pete M
I think I know what it was copied off, a Rover P5. Not the coupe, but the original saloon. Add a dash of 'brutale' styling and make it twice the size and there you have it. As for finding a Chrysler dealer, I'm not sure if there is one in my city, though there are PT Cruisers and Crossfires around, so there may be. I do admit that Murphy's photo is big improvement on the billboard images, that seem to bring out its worst (in my eyes) features. Does anyone have a photo of the estate? I'm partial to estates, where they sometimes improve on the saloon styling. My Mitsubishi Legnum (Galant Estate) VR-4 is an example of that.
Chrysler 300C - Altea Ego
OOO they do an estate - the Touring. A Hemi! Looks nice in black

Its on the chrysler uk web page

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Chrysler 300C - Geordie1
Absolutely spot-on 'Pete M'...renowned motoring journalists have likened the 300C to the Rover P5 and even a Bentley!..beautiful cars eh?
Apparently the 5.7 litre Hemi does a whopping 8.2 MPG on the urban cycle. Ouch.

The replacement wire grills for the front radiator (big improvement IMHO) are about $130. Turns it into a Bentley, kind of.
Chrysler 300C - Armitage Shanks {p}
Will this car fit into the garage of the average modern Wimpey/Barrat house?
Chrysler 300C - Vin {P}
I think the average Wimpey/Barratt house will fit into the car.

It's 5015mm x 1880mm, or 16'5" x 6'2" in real money.

I think parking spaces at Tesco might be fun.

V
Chrysler 300C - nutty_nissan
It's 5015mm x 1880mm, or 16'5" x 6'2" in real money.
I think parking spaces at Tesco might be fun.
V

That's pretty much the same size as 7 series/S class/A8/LS430, so if you are able to drive and park these cars, a 300C wouldn't be any different.
Chrysler 300C - Garethj
I think even a Yaris would struggle, at least to get the door open. If you want to put a car in the garage, make it 30+ years old when they were a lot smaller!
Hi Barchettaman

here are a few pictures of the estate to enjoy.
The Estate in profile
www.schusterautomobile.com/images/300c_t2.jpg

The picture which shows the "cutout" section in the roof to aid loading
www.parkers.co.uk/imagecache/file/250/archive/Chry...g

This is a picture of a 300C touring with The Startch kit on it (the wheels alone are in the "ow much" category).
www.americancarfans.com/tuners/7050516.001/7050516...g

The Touring is also going to be available with the same diesel engine as the Saloon.

For my money, I prefer the saloon, but for carrying gear, the estate will carry a lot.

Now for the grills. Adding aftermarket bits (including grill etc) is a very popular thing over in Americaland. One of the major aftermarket parts suppliers lists over 30 grills available, varying in price from $179 to $759. when you add shipping + VAT + customs to get your bits into Britain it soon adds up. Chrysler dealers also sell some addons (including grills !) themselves.

Could someone let me know what the site rules are for posting links to a company. I'd love to show you what parts are available (The Good & The Ugly) but I don't want to break the site rules. Lambodoors for anyone ?

www.curveunit.com/storage/susan_sema31.jpg
www.autotrucktoys.com/300/images/jtevodoors300c.jpg
ohh the first time you opened them in a multi story.
OK the door kit isn't for me (or for most I would Imagine), but the amount of stuff you can do is immense. And the prices in America compared to here make you weep.

MTC
Chrysler 300C - mare
Those doors are something else. I sense someone in the US of A working very hard to see if they can achieve the same with the back doors. Now that would be bling on bling.
Cheers for the photos murphy.
No problem.

Noone has told me about site posting rules and after visiting all the "do's & don'ts" of the forum myself, I am going to post the link to ONE of the sites that sells bits for the 300C.

As you can see, you can get quite a lot for your car for quite a little. The exact opposite to Britain in fact !

www.autotrucktoys.com/300/

I hope you enjoyed seeing what some of our American friends can do

MTC
Chrysler 300C - CJay{P}
Only read this now....MTC, I think your car looks brilliant. And that mod is very tasty.
Only read this now....MTC, I think your car looks brilliant. And
that mod is very tasty.

Thank you Mum ........

No seriously, thank you very much. It is very easy to do "too much" and throw away your cash. I'm very pleased with what I've done & thanks for agreeing with me !

MTC
Chrysler 300C - mare
I am really warming to the idea of one of these, a diesel i think. First thoughts were in 12 months time when they've depreciated significantly. However:

Searching for used cars through the Chrysler website reveals that they are 12 3.5 petrols and only 1 Hemi available within 150 miles of Bath. No diesels. The 3.5 petrols, which are according to HJ slower and thirstier than the diesel, are way more than the list price of c.£26,000. OK they're new and supply is probably restricted to ex dealer demos, but so far secondhand ones seem to command a premium.

I'll have a black one with 20" wheels and tints please.
Chrysler 300C - DrS
300C: Cracking motor.
Oh, but those after market fender skirts!!!
Pass the sick bag.

Hi Mare

Hmmmm. They do seem dear don't they.

When the V6 petrol was launched the dealers got delivered cars for demonstraters that had every option on them - sunroof £850, Sat Nav £1400, Stacker CD £400, uprated Boston Acoustics sound system + wooffey up to 380 watts £250 & walnut bits £275.00 adding about £3200 to the price taking it upto nearly £29000, these cars SEEM to be dealer dems with all of the options on.

For the ones which are on t'other side of £30000, they seem to have been "Starteched". The Startech wheels are £395.00 each + tyres, the grils are either £295 or £415 and the exhaust sytem that some have is £1265. Serious money.

However I know for a fact that if you visit your local Chrysler dealer and ask about a deal on one of his 3.5LT petrols (including the ones without the options) he will talk to you. As regards deals on the CRD diesel - few and far between. With a waiting list from the factory running in to months, I suppose they have no need to.

MTC
Chrysler 300C - Vin {P}
Mare,

One of the reasons for silly prices on diesels is that they were delayed in shipping plus they are more desirable (outperform and underconsume compared to the petrol 3.5). This means that demand is far outstripping supply at the moment, to the extent that my dealer said I'd be looking at June delivery if I ordered now.

It'll settle down in a while; it always does.

V
Vin

you're right it will settle down in time. But with Chrysler deliberately keeping supply tight (I think that they're only bring in 1700 this year) and the DC HQ keeping the leashes on the dealers as regards discounts, it may be a while before the prices weaken significently.

As a 300C owner, it can only help second hand values in the future (hopefully, plesae, touching wood, hello Mr Magpie etc).

But at the moment when the factory has very limited RH drive capacity (only for Britain, Ireland & South Africa) things are looking good.

well done Mr Chrysler for making a damn good looking, highly specced, weel priced, good performing car that is developing a healthy waiting list and NOT destroying the market by over supply (although that may change in the future).

MTC
Chrysler 300C - mare
MTC, Vin, thanks

This time next year maybe then!
In the meantime I've got a 700 mile round trip to to this weekend and I can't wait !!

MTC
Could the Hemi be converted to run on LPG? Or the 3.5 for that matter.
Might make the fuel bills less of a wallet cruncher...
Any thoughts?
Prins make their VSI system for the 300c already in the Netherlands, to answer my own question.... should have googled first.
700 mile round trip to south coast this weekend.

36.2 mpg average over the trip.(Diesel of course)

it is a hugely comfortable, long legged cruiser. I got out at the other end fresh as a daisy and good to go.

MTC

Chrysler 300C - Vin {P}
How I wish I didn't have to wait till they are available second-hand...

V
Chrysler 300C - BobbyG
One for sale in the Classifieds section of this site..
Chrysler 300C - blue_haddock
One of these overtook me on the M6 the other day - looked very menacing in my rear view mirror as it bore down on me at a great rate of knots.
Chrysler 300C - bimmer-driver
Just seen a black one with the xenons on- against the backdrop of Stoke on Trent it looked awesome. I must, no, need one immediately.
I'm currently in Montreal and have seen a couple of reskinned 300c's burble past, with a funny kick tail thing like the new Mustang. They look awesome - if I see one parked I'll get the model name and put a piccie up.
Also loads of Infinitis (Nissan's Lexus brand I think) and Acuras (likewise, Honda). What doesn't Europe see them, I wonder. Saw a lovely MX5 sized roadster too, called the Saturn Sky I think - just gorgeous, put a Fiat badge on it as the new Barchetta please!
Regards,
Barchettaman
Chrysler 300C - AlastairW
Mr B, I think what you saw was probably a Dodge Charger.
Yep, that's it. Looks better in the flesh than in the photos, unlike the 300C which looks equally good in both IMHO. I reckon it'll be the Premiership footballer's carriage of choice shortly now they've all bought Chryslers...
Chrysler 300C - Lud
Why hasn't someone snapped up the 300-mile example offered in the classifieds, snip at only 29 large or thereabouts?
Free day in Montreal + snow + Enterprise car rental round the corner = black Chrysler 300C hired + day snowboarding Thursday.

Can't WAIT !!!!
Hi Lud

where abouts is the advert as I can't seem to find it.

If it's for the HEMI V8 then it is a handsome saving. If its for a CRD then its at least £3000 dearer than an unmodified (as in no sat nav, uprated stereo etc).

MTC
I've answered my own question with a better search.

Possibly it hasn't sold because they are trying to sell a second had car for FULL LIST PRICE ! (plus it's in Mineral Grey which isn't everyones cup of tea).

MTC
Chrysler 300C - JohnX
Just back after a week in the US of A and spent a day in a rental 300C.

Absolutely brute power and even though it was an automatic,felt as though you could rip the wheels off and possibly take off if you really slammed down on the accelerator!

For £35 a day rental an absolute bargain!!
Just back after a week in the US of A and
spent a day in a rental 300C.
Absolutely brute power and even though it was an automatic,felt as
though you could rip the wheels off and possibly take off
if you really slammed down on the accelerator!
For £35 a day rental an absolute bargain!!

Hi JohnX

do I take it that you are another convert ?

Also the suspension is tweaked a bit for us to make it more UK road friendly.

The diesel CRD isn't that much behind the HEMI in the performance stakes.

MTC
I had a hoot on Thirday in my rental 300C. A few points:

Why anyone would want the Hemi is beyond me, as the standard 3.5 V6 in my rental went at warp speed if required. Plus I got 32MPG equivalent, although I had to drive slowly back to the airport (snow).

It´s really not a great winter car, particularly with the traction control off. I had all sorts of trouble, it kept powersliding in the deserted snowy carpark at Mont Tremblant.... ;-)

It was a delight to drive on the highway in a car with an autobox and cruise control (new experience for me). Big comfy seats too. The plastics in the interior are a bit cheap, but the rebadged Dodge Charger/Magnum has a miles better interior (cowling was a bit like an Alfa).

Obviously it looks absolutely stunning, but I can´t think dynamically it offers a great deal more than, for example an old shape E-class or even an Omega MV6.

But I´m delighted I finally got to drive one, and thoroughly recommend the experience. Fancy a go in one of those new Cadillacs next time I´m in America.

Regards all,
Barchettaman
(plus Mont Tremblant was a great place to go snowboarding!)
hurray Barchettaman

another convert to the 300C stable.

Funnily enough I sampled the Magnum interior and I much preferred the 300C. The car really does offfer an awful lot of bang for your buck.

MTC
Chrysler 300C - commerdriver
Couldn't believe it when my "taxi" turned up in Amsterdam yestereday to take me to the airport. Beautiful car to ride in, the driver, who had had it since the end of last year, talked about it all the way to the airport., very impressive car, reminds me a lot of the old Rover P5.
Chrysler 300C - Geordie1
Just been given a delivery date of 12th April for my CRD version and have started the 'countdown'. You are right about the resemblance to the Rover P5 Commerdriver, thats one of the unique aspects about the 300C...it has the ability to be brash American 'bling' or sedate British exec depending on what mods etc you carry out.