a sausage and a chrome wheel - nutty_nissan
Ok before you say I told you so, I won't do it again!

Running a bit late today, was eating brekkie in the car, and pulled out of petrol station to make a left turn, whilst eating a sausage with one hand.

ANyway, kerb to my left was 6 inches high and drove into that as I made the turn, hence I have a kerbed chrome rim and one big hole in my Pirelli P Zero!

My question is regarding the wheel, how best to prevent corrosion where it's been kerbed? Do I just polish up with NXT metal polish and then apply some clear lacquer? the rims are triple plated.
a sausage and a chrome wheel - Robin Reliant
Was the sausage ok?
a sausage and a chrome wheel - Peter D
I think the reason you did not get much repsonse to your thread is due to the dumb stupididy of your act and the fact you voilated the ORad Traffic act and had you been seen then you could have been prosecuted for 'Careless Driving' if you had mounted the kerb, hit another car or injured someone that would have been Dangerous Driving. I used to see many commuters drinking coffee on there way to work, same offence. I don't commute any more. Regards Peter
a sausage and a chrome wheel - Round The Bend
NuttyN, sounds like your banger was mashed ............................. (OK, I'll get my coat)

_______
IanS
a sausage and a chrome wheel - No FM2R
>>I think the reason you did not get much repsonse to your thread is due to the dumb stupididy of your act

No, in my case it was that I've no idea where/how to get the wheel sorted. If the worse someone has ever done is drive with a suasage in their hand (no sniggering) then that seems pretty minor to me. I've kerbed wheels without a sausage distracting me.

nutty_nissan - sorry I can't help. I hope it was a good sausage.
a sausage and a chrome wheel - Hamsafar
It's a shame you can't post a photo, as that would be a help.
a sausage and a chrome wheel - Lud
With another picture of a sausage captioned: 'A sausage similar to the one involved in the incident'.
a sausage and a chrome wheel - Round The Bend
You can be sure that an organic sausage would n't have caused an accident
a sausage and a chrome wheel - mss1tw
Wild sausages are dangerous and should not be approached without proper training.
a sausage and a chrome wheel - No FM2R
I believe that it is only the female sausages that are dangerous and then only when they have chipolatas. The rest ofthe year they are quite safe if not challenged or surprised.
a sausage and a chrome wheel - Dynamic Dave
::fingers poised to move this across to the silly thread::

DD.
a sausage and a chrome wheel - Altea Ego
::fingers poised

DD.

Talking of fat sausages
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
a sausage and a chrome wheel - Altea Ego
N-N

do a web search on alloy wheel refurbishers. You may have scraped the laquer off under the bead of the tyre where you can't see it, if you make superficial repairs, water will get under and lift the laquer again.

Its a tyre off job to do it properly.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
a sausage and a chrome wheel - Lobster
Hi nutty - Sorry this is off topic but I'm a newbie and have not worked out how to pm on this board. There is a question for you on the "reality of commuting on M25" thread.
a sausage and a chrome wheel - Murphy The Cat
Don't try and eat a whole sausage at once. was it one of these ?

tinyurl.com/rcrns

MTC
a sausage and a chrome wheel - bell boy
youve just put me off my lunch :(............ ;)
a sausage and a chrome wheel - Dynamic Dave
Hi nutty - Sorry this is off topic but I'm a newbie and have not worked out how to pm on this board.

Unfortuanately there isn't a PM sevice offered on this forum. However, if you click on the person's username, they may or may not have their email address visible. If the person has {P} after their username, then chances are their email address is visible. The {P} is indicating that their profile is public.

If all else fails, email a moderator (our addresses are in the'sticky' WELCOME, PLEASE READ message at the top of this page) and one of us will forward the email on for you.

DD. BR Moderator.