VW Bora alarm keeps going off! - matstro
Hi, got a Bora 1999 1.6 5 speed petrol model. This afternoon the alarms suddenly kept going off for no reason. The only way to stop it is open the door with the remote fob. If the car is left unlocked and doors closed for more than 5 minutes - the alarm sounds. If the car is locked with doors closed for more than 5 minutes - the alarm goes off. the only way to ensure the alrm doesn't go off is leave a door open!

Any advice from anybody for a quick fix as leaving the car with the doors open all night isn't really very satisfactory!! Many thanks!!
VW Bora alarm keeps going off! - nozmeister
Had this on a 99 Golf. I eventually found that there was a problem with the boot lock and if I left it locked permanently it was OK, but not if I left it to be locked/unlocked with the central locking. The eventual fix was to take it to the dealers (luckily still under warranty).

Another idea might be to put the air recirculation system on so that no drafts can come in and upset the alarm motion sensor...?

cheers
noz
VW Bora alarm keeps going off! - Altea Ego
you checked the bonnet switch?
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
VW Bora alarm keeps going off! - matstro
Can you believe it!! My wife left the boot slightly ajar. Duh!

Conclusion = if the alarms playing up, check the boot (thanks previous poster for the clue!!)

I feel stupid.........
VW Bora alarm keeps going off! - Armitage Shanks {p}
If I may say, the great thing about this forum is that 90%+ of people who post get their problem sorted and 0% of the people who ask questions are made to feel stupid! There is no sniping or flaming here!