1995 Fiesta Door Pin Removal - Andrew Velcro
Hello

I need to replace the doors on my '95 fiesta which has solid pins. The top ones are coming out easy with a punch as there's plenty of room to move, however the bottom ones are tricky. Does anyone have any tips or is there a special tool that body shops use? Any help would be great.

Thanks

Andy
1995 Fiesta Door Pin Removal - van man
yes mate the tool normally used has various ends that are changeable you should try machine mart or a motor factors they are not expensive mate...
1995 Fiesta Door Pin Removal - bell boy
the pin comes up and unfortunately they always seize the mk4 is the same.
the only successful way to do this is with oxy/aceteline and a pair of mole grips and an attachement to affix to a puller (power tec) do one but i still sometimes struggle.
An alternative is to completely cut out the lower part of the door and all the skins jack the car right up in the air and with your goggles on smack the pin up but be warned its easy to pean it out so it jams in the hinge,if you are clever you can knock the head off the pin and knock it down until the door will come off,leave top pin supporting weight or you will distort the hinge in the "a" post, i also find that a trolley under the door helps to keep the weight of the hinges
so you bend the door whilst you replace the pins good 1, how rough is that we have done loads and never had to do it this way sounds like your gonna cause more damage than good if you do it this way say a prayer or two GOOOOOOD LUCK
read my post again van man (he is swapping the doors ) not taking them off to make jewellry out of.
oh yea sorry i thought you were describing how to make(pat butcher)earrings wot about the damage to the bottom hinge come on mate.keep spraying with wd40 for a couple of days allowing it to soak then use the correct tool to remove the lower pin.xxxx
the proper tool as you describe it is made by sykes and pickavant and is basically a bar with a hole in one end to fit round the hinge pin head you are then to smack this with a hammer
yes i have one of these somewhere at work but as i said earlier the mk3/4/5 front door pins (lower) dont come out and need lots of heat or my other method as i described yesterday where you literally chop the bottom corner of the door out so you can attack the pin from below with a large hammer and punch.I have never misaligned a lower hinge by this method even though i do indeed own the correct power-tec tool to straighten it if i did .
End of story from me now van man im bored with explaining a simple task like this , the OP has all the information he can possibly use and i am sure he will manage
1995 Fiesta Door Pin Removal - Dynamic Dave
Can the pair of you stop trying to score points off one another please. Forum members don't want to come here to listen to petty squabbles and people being nit-picky toward one another.

If you have to disagree with what the other person is saying, then do so in a civilised manner.

DD.
1995 Fiesta Door Pin Removal - the original horse
the door pins on these always need heat, youve probably noticed that if youve collected your replacment doors as the paint especially on the bottom hinge will have a distinct scortch mark on them , soaking in oil daily will just acheive snapping the top off pin ,
1995 Fiesta Door Pin Removal - Andrew Velcro
Thanks for all your help, I've managed to remove the doors from my car and from the scrapper and swap them. It wasn't easy as most people suggested the pins were jammed solid, luckily I had access to an OA lamp. I also ground the hinges off the bottom of the bad doors so that I could get better access to the pins as well as grinding the bottom hinges off the bad car. If anyone is going to try this make sure you have access to OA as other wise your in trouble.

Thanks Again

Andy