Ford Fiesta immobiliser locked on? - max-power
Hi all.

I got in my ford fiesta 1.8D (1996 MK4) attempted to start the car recently. I waited for the glow plug light to go off and started the car. The car made that car starting sound several times and gave some gas however it did not start. I heated the glow plug again and the same thing happened.

I am accustom to this as its a diesel. I then tried it for a third time however this time when I turn the key the engine made no sound at all (no attempt to crank over). All the dash lights came on as per usal.

This time the immobiliser light began to flash rapidly (by the clock).

After several more attempts with the same result I gave up and got my car recovered. The recovery man checked the car out and said somethings up with the immobiliser. He said its the key, and that the car would start with the master key (red).

I tried this and also had no joy.

My friend came around to look at it 2 days later and the car started fine like nothing was wrong.

I then again tried to start the car and once more when I turn the ignition key, nothing happens.

Everything in the car works and I have checked all the fuses

Any tips/advice welcome

Thnaks

(Similar post but no help;
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=26...5 )
Ford Fiesta immobiliser locked on? - bell boy
find the small wire that goes to the starter motor take the spade connection off clean the terminal with a bit of sandpaper/emery cloth and slightly nip the terminal up replace on starter motor,bet that sorts it.