spray painting - Ross D
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice? I have a 1990 Corrado, (Nugget Yellow) It's starting to look a bit tatty around the edges. I was considering getting it re-sprayed but Have no idea how much this would cost, Could anyone give me an approximate figure for a total re-spary and another figure for how much it would cost to get a door re-sprayed?

Thanks in advance.

Ross

P.S. Does any one know of any reputable spray shops in the north east?
Re: spray painting - Andrew Barnes

Depends on how good you want it. About 800 quid for a half decent respray - about £100 - 150 quid for the door.

Andrew

>
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice? I have a
> 1990 Corrado, (Nugget Yellow) It's starting to look a bit
> tatty around the edges. I was considering getting it
> re-sprayed but Have no idea how much this would cost, Could
> anyone give me an approximate figure for a total re-spary and
> another figure for how much it would cost to get a door
> re-sprayed?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ross
>
> P.S. Does any one know of any reputable spray shops in the
> north east?
Re: spray painting - mike harvey
I second Andrew's view. I was talking to a body man last week who paints Toyotas, and there is a new colour out which is £600 per Litre!! A bloke wants a spoiler painting to match the car.
Mike
Re: spray painting - Guy Lacey
The yellow paint you mention is the first lead free paint VW introduced and *could* be expensive if you want an exact match.

I would expect a figure over £1000 for a decent job.

Painting a single door could be a big mistake as it will undoubtedly look darker than the remainder of the car and the problem will shift - full re-spray the only real option.

Noisy Tappets - I owned a 170,000 mile 1.8 16V Golf and it was exactly the same - nothing to worry about. Just turn up your stereo! On the old 8V engines it could sometimes be the gauze in the area below the tappets blocking and preventing decent flow of oil - it's not a big job to take your rocker cover off and check.
Re: spray painting - Mutley
I thought you could add tints to allow new paint to match faded colours when sraying.
Re: spray painting - Guy Lacey
You can but then your respray doesn't cost £800.