Stinking Washer Fluid - runboy
The washer fluid in my car has taken on a smell akin to a dead rat (if I knew what a one smelt like, but I think I have an idea).

Although I use a branded washer fluid, it still stinks. Any suggestions on how to prevent this?

I have previously emptied the washer bottle and flushed but this doesn't last long. Someone once suggested Halfords do a tablet which keeps the water fresh but I can't find anything in my local store.
Stinking Washer Fluid - Dynamic Dave
Someone once suggested Halfords do a tablet ....

You could try this instead:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=39...7

Stinking Washer Fluid - Mikeym1
If I had this problem I would try the lemon sented first. If that didn't work I believe Boots sell sterilizing tablets could try that.

Mike.
Stinking Washer Fluid - PhilW
A drop or two of Milton sterilising fluid? I use it for sterilising caravan water system each year.
--
Phil
Stinking Washer Fluid - runboy
I have used the Halfords smelly stuff before-medow fresh I think it was. It did smell very nice but at about £3.50 for a litre comapred to about the same cost for 2.5l......oh well, you get what you pay for!

The Milton tablets are interesting-I presume they wouldn't damage paintwork?
Stinking Washer Fluid - Mondaywoe
I use the Halford's lemon stuff all the time. It is a bit pricey, but cleans well, keeps the reservoir and pump in good order .....and is worth its weight in gold after passing pig farms!

Graeme

Ask Honest John

Value my car