306 wiper fault, help. - harris921
Hi guys. I own an R-Plate 306 TD estate. Since I bought the car the wipers have only worked on speed 1. I have lost Int, speed 2, and park.

Firstly I replaced the wiper motor itself, still the same. Then the stalk, still the same. Double checked all the fuses, checked the operation of the 2 black relays in the left hand corner of the drivers footwell, all ok. I then checked the feeds at the back of the stalk on the different speed settings 2 c if it was sending any power, this was all ok. I then disconnected the plug at the motor and checked my feeds there, only one ignition feed there which must be my speed 1.

I spoke 2 some friends of mine at a Peugeot dealer who seemed very confident that the fault was a blue timmer relay behind the fuse board. They also gave me the relavant wiring diagram that shows this relay 2b behind the fuse board. Off I went to check this relay and it was missing, but so was the loom/terminals that the relay should plug into. There is a black plastic bracket that the relay should sit in, I removed this bracket all together to make sure I had'nt missed it. Still no joy. My next plan was 2 look at another R Plate 306, I did this and went straight to the relay, it was exactly where it should be. I told my friends at Peugeot and we came to the conclusion that maybe earlyer in the cars life it has had a form of wiring repair and the Technician had not put this particular loom back in the right place. If I strip the dash down I will probably find it wedged somewhere it should'nt be.

I have since remove the dash and this loom/relay is not there. According to my wiring diagrams, the Haynes manual, other R REG 306'S, and Peugeot Techs this car should definately have a timmer relay. Its the 30 facia fuse board and its a 98 model with AC. No rain sensors.

Does anyone know if this vehicle should have a timmer relay? I know that some early models with the 13 facia fuce board did not have 1. Any Ideas in general about this fault would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Any1?
306 wiper fault, help. - elekie&a/c doctor
This could possibly be a wiring fault.The intermittant and park circuits work thro the timer relay.The fast speed is a direct supply to the motor from the switch.You will need to carry out a simple test.With ignition on and wiper switch at position off,see if ther is a power supply to one of the wires at the wiper motor.
I have a permanent feed with just the ignition on but nothing at the other terminals when operating the switch. I have removed the big black multiplug under the scuttle pannel 2 check for breaks and water ingress but still no joy. I might try running my own wiring from the switch straight in2 the motor.
306 wiper fault, help. - Dynamic Dave
harris921,

Can I ask that you drop the "txt" talk please. You're not limited to 160 characters here ;o)

DD. BR Moderator.