Kia Picanto Auto - Park sticking - ablandy
Wifeys car was reversed into in her works carpark (side impact). Caused a melon sized dent. When she goes to move the car, she cant get it out of park - cue much drama. Anyway, by applying a bit of force to it, she was able to get it going. Am i right in thinking that the bump simply caused it to stick a bit, or could there be some more damage? It will obviously be going off to be repaired for the body damage, just wondering if i should get them to examine the gearbox.

Thanks
Kia Picanto Auto - Park sticking - sedanman32
If the fault only occured after the bump then yes , when it goes for repair make a point of telling them . By the way was it on a slope when it got hit or did the car move at all ???? (was the handbrake on ???? I never use my handbrake on my range rover)I know thats a bit of a silly thing to do but im too old to change my habbits now !!!
Kia Picanto Auto - Park sticking - ablandy
Saw the damage last night - looks like it took a hefty thump. A works lorry/van was moving and the driver reversed into it, looks like it hit it with a nice solid corner! Hit it on on the door, just behind the door handle. The metal has buckled and the rear door will no longer open. Im thinking it moved the car backwards a little bit. Not familiar with the workings of park on an auto, but figure the movement caused the mechanisms to move slightly more than they wanted to and compress on the selector, making it a bit harder to move it. Assuming everything is ok (she drove home, then went out and came back, then went out again today and hasnt mentioned any more problems) i think it is sorted.

Just to clarify, the handbrake was probably on and she couldnt move the selector itself - until she gave it a good tug.

However, i will make sure that it is logged on the insurance claim, to cover us if it does go wrong.