NO insurance or mot and other - grease_lightning
I have bin stupid and been caught by the police drivin with no insurance, mot and also failing to provide a alchol breath sample. Very dumb i know and i am looking at a lot of problems just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the trouble i am in ?? very much appreciate it thanks all
NO insurance or mot and other - moosh
A lot depends if this is your first offence? or not.
NO insurance or mot and other - geebee45
OK, taking each in turn;
No insurance; fine of upto £ 5000
No MOT; fine of upto £ 1000
Fail to provide specimen of breath; fine upto £ 1000 upto 4points and discretionary disqualification.
Better get a JCB 3CX to dig the hole for protection!
NO insurance or mot and other - Navara Van man
Almost certainly a period of disqualification and a heavy fine. You need to contact a solicitor that deals with traffic ofences But you can hardly deny or use mitigating circumstances. The failure to provide a breath test will be viewed very badly compounded by the other ofences.

paul
NO insurance or mot and other - smokie
Cleaned and locked this thread as the OP was simply asking what he's in for. If the info above is incorrect please mail the Mods who will correct it.

Thanks

smokie, BR Moderator
NO insurance or mot and other - smokie
Further to my post above, DVD (who has much experience with the law, on the *right* side of it!) has mailed me the following. It confirms what geebee45 said above with some additional info.

The last paragraph is the one you should read hardest:

"No Insurance. Max fine that could be imposed butd very seldom done so : 5,000 pounds. Discretionary Disqualification and between 6 and 8 points. Reports of similar offences in Local Papers will give a guide what Mags are doing.

No MOT: Max fine 1,000 pounds. No disq no points.

Fail to supply breath test. Max 1,000 pounds. Discretionary disqualification but has been known for Courts to give the same, i.e. disqualification, as they would for over the limit. 4 penalty points.

Because of the requirements placed on the police in relation to the request for a sample of breath and also the fact that it a disqualification may well be considered then there are grounds called 'Special Reasons' i.e. mitigating or extenuating circumstances, not amounting to a defence and in relation to the commission of the offence, which could result in no disqualification being imposed.

It is therefore, because of the seriousness of the offences, that legal advice be sought. C.A.B. run a free session with a Solicitor."