Emergency Services - bhoy wonder
Twice driving into work this week I have had to pull over to let Ambulances by myself. Only for the car several yards behind to pull out once that ambulance has past by and speed up to stop myself and several other drivers pulling back into the road. This morning when it happened it nearly caused a crash and the person in the car behind me was so infuriated that has car was rolling from side to side.

Is this a common experience that has happened to anyone else? Or has just been my luck that I have come across a couple of idiots on the road.
Emergency Services - daveyjp
Not unusual - happened to me a few weeks ago. A car decided to use the 'parting of the Red Sea' effect of the ambulance to pull out from behind me and follow it throught the gaps it was creating.
Emergency Services - runboy
Yes, happened to me. Some people are so wrapped up they fail to see the big red/white vehicle with blue flashing lights behind them. Probably wonder why everyone is pulling over too.

Of course those selfish ones that do it on purpose wouldn't dare push in a queue at Tesco, but inside their metal boxes they feel safe. Until one day they get to the next set of traffic lights and someone jumps out on them. Its a bad world out there.
Emergency Services - AngryJonny
I posted something about this a few weeks ago when I observed something similar from my window at work. I couldn't believe the cheek of the people slipstreaming the ambulance.

One suggestion that was offered was that it was relatives of the injured following the ambulance to the hospital. In some cases this may be the case, but not all.

----
Life is complex; it has real and imaginary parts.
Emergency Services - AngryJonny
In some cases this may be the case

Oh dear. I apologise for my shocking butchery of the language.

Emergency Services - Cliff Pope
In some cases
this may be the case, but not all.

That's lovely. It will surely rank with Abraham Lincoln's "People who like this kind of book will find this the kind of book they like"
Emergency Services - Xileno {P}
"In some cases this may be the case, but not all.

An opportunity missed, could have been "In some cases this may be the case, but not all cases."

I rest my case.

Emergency Services - spikeyhead {p}
Whilst out walking a month ago I saw a friend and asked him where he was going carrying a suitcase. He reploed that he was taking his case to court.

I saw him again today, carrying a ladder as well as a suitcase. He was taking it to a higher court.

I'll get my coat.
--
I read often, only post occasionally