appealing against parking ticket - Kostic
Hi All,

I've been unfortunate enough to come across probably the most anti-motorist local government in the world. You can probably guess which one it is.

My car ended up removed to a car pound, and I had to pay £200 for it to be released (this includes £50 for the ticket).
The reason: parking in a residents only bay.
I made a genuine mistake. I never intended to park in a residential bay, but there are some confusing signs there. I was sure the bay was not operational at the time (at nearly 6pm on a Sunday), but I was wrong. My mistake, should've double-checked.
Anyway, I went back there and noticed that there are no signs on entrances to CPZ, apart from one entrance road. And even there, it indicates that the zone is not operational on Sundays. However, about 3 yards away there is a small one near a parking bay showing different time.
I wonder, can I appeal on the grounds of incorrect signage? As I understand CPZ must have a sign on both sides of every entrance road. And surely, declaring one period of operation on entrance sign and then having different period on bay signs is confusing enough.

What do you people think?

P.S. Presumably, I have nothing to lose, as in the case of clamping/removal one has to pay all fees for the car to be released and appeal afterwards for a refund. Am I wrong anywhere?

P.S.P.S. Had I just received the ticket, I would've probably just accepted my mistake and learned the lesson. However, having to pay this much for my first ever parking offence is a bit over the top.

Thanks in advance

Kostic
appealing against parking ticket - PhilW
Kostic,
You have my sympathy and I don't know whether or not you have a case. My daughter suffered similarly recently, parking at the entrance to a permanently locked public park which did not allow vehicle entrance, overnight on a Sunday. Cost her £200 plus £30 parking fine. Seems exhorbitant for a very minor offence - we ended up paying it for her.
Hope you have a case and escape this ridiculous fine for (unknowingly) making an error. Others will advise you.
Phil
appealing against parking ticket - Armitage Shanks {p}
Over 60% of appeals are successful SFAIK

www.parking-appeals.gov.uk/IveReceived/challengePC...p

Give it a try