DVLA & motorcycle VED - Bill Doodson
Hi again folks

Go to the DVLA web site and find the feedback form for the new Motorcycle VED suggestions (its under corporate and consultative documents). Look at the innocuous questions, and then look again. I filled in the form with more comments about the phrasing of the questions than I did of solid info trying to answer them.

Bill
Re: DVLA & motorcycle VED - Gary S
Yes it certainly is a scary piece of work if you start reading between the lines.
I gave my feedback some time ago...as a motorcyclist with a big bike it's quite worrysome that they would consider raising m/cycle tax on the strength of environmental issues. Not the ideal way to encourage motorists onto 2 wheels.
Nor the way to recognise that by riding my bike I reduce my 30 min. trip to work down to 10 min. (across town at peak time).
The concern I have is all the input into a decision that may be made by those who have no interest in motorcycles...but enjoy interfering...
Re: DVLA & motorcycle VED - Rob S
The British Motorcycle Federation (www.bmf.co.uk) have produced a very good response to the proposals - which is available on their website - arguing against the introduction of a new category for bikes over 1000cc. Anyone interested in making a response should do so by February 8th.

I'd be interested to hear what HJ thinks of the Government's proposals.

Rob S