Cat D damage - Alex147
Is it worth buying a car, which is listed as having been CAT D damaged, although since repaired.
Any pitfalls in doing this, as the price is very attractive on the car I have seen? Is there a possibility of getting it off the register, having been repaired?
Cat D damage - cumfray1
If your after a cheap runaround then yes. CAT D's are not subject to VIC checks, as they are normally stolen recovered with the minimal of damage. As long as you give it a thorough check & your happy with it buy it, I'd buy one
Cat D damage - martint123
It always will come up as Cat D with an HPI check.

I'm running one now, have been for nearly four years.
Cat D damage - No FM2R
There was a long discussion on this recently which you may find informative. Try a forum search on category D and Cat D
Cat D damage - cheddar
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=35782
Cat D damage - NikWilk

Hi there, I have been looking at CatC and CatD damaged vehicles lately with a view to grabbing myself a bargain. I found some really useful information and a pretty comprehensive overview of all of the likely pitfalls and perks through xxxx. They also have a novices guide on the VIC scheme which has just been abolished this October and what it means to us buyers :

(Link deleted)

Edited by Avant on 29/10/2015 at 22:58

Cat D damage - skidpan

Hi there, I have been looking at CatC and CatD damaged vehicles lately with a view to grabbing myself a bargain. I found some really useful information and a pretty comprehensive overview of all of the likely pitfalls and perks through xxxx. They also have a novices guide on the VIC scheme which has just been abolished this October and what it means to us buyers :

Could this possibly be an attempt at a free advert for xxxx

If it is they have shown their stupidity by tagging onto a 10 year old thread, the original OP's will have long lost interest.

Edited by Avant on 29/10/2015 at 22:58