had a test-drive---dsg---manual
hard choice to make-----chose manual

hav car built too my spec-----6 month wait
paying it off--over 5 years.

the r32 is nice but i want the gti.

also---the day i pick my new car--up
is there any questions i should ask--the dealer

thanx
buying--new car---first time ever - Happy Blue!
Before you pick the car up is the time to ask questions.....

such as....

what payment methods are accepted? Try Switch

what happens if the car does not arrive on the expected date and is not likely arrive for several weeks thereafter?

What happens if the car arrives and it is not to your spec?
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
buying--new car---first time ever - Round The Bend
I'd also check that the agreed order price is guaranteed and any VW increases will not be appplied to your order.
buying--new car---first time ever - Colin M
> 6 month wait

Almost all new cars are built to customer specs by VW Audi. The main dealers will order ones in common colours/options to offer as stock but I don't know why they are quoting a 6 month wait!

I suspect they will call you soon to announce the "good news", your car will be ready sooner, but given that you are expecting a wait, you can do yourself a financial favour and resist all temptation to take delivery of the car and have it registered before 1st Jan 2006. Sure, it will still be on a 55 plate, but the car will be worth that much more when you come to sell/trade further down the line if the V5 shows first reg in 2006.

buying--new car---first time ever - Falkirk Bairn
Make sure you put in your clause when signing your order
"Time is of the essence" (Just above your signature & date) and the 6 month waiting time becomes a crucial part of the contract you sign.

If they fail to deliver on or before the 6 mths you are entitled to any money back. They cannot argue it will be another 4 weeks, 6 weeks etc. and hold on to your money - unless you allow them to delay.
buying--new car---first time ever - smilingvulture
thanx for the replys

dealer mentioned Vehicle Replacement Insurance

£450

is it worth it
buying--new car---first time ever - Armitage Shanks {p}
Probably not, if you are referring to 'Gap' insurance. This is to cover for the difference in cost/value between your one/two/three year old car when you write it off and the cost of a replacement. This could be about £5000 (say). As I insure a complete £15,000 car for a total loss for under £200 a year, £450 to cover £5000 for 3 years doesn't look like a bargain.
many thanx---armitage
its just another cost

i wont bother
buying--new car---first time ever - adverse camber
Just to point out that as ever insurance is about two things, the chance of something happening and the consequences thereof.

gap insurance is expensive but only you know the consequences to yourself if you write the car off after two years and get offered say £4K less than you still owe. Try haggling - Im sure 50% of that cost must be profit.

Personally I wouldnt, but then I would never borrow money to buy a car (unless it was 0%, or at least lower cost than I can get on my money)
buying--new car---first time ever - Martin Wall
Hi

Have you placed the order with the dealer yet? Do you have a trade-in?
yes--placed order---no trade-in

r u a dealer
buying--new car---first time ever - Martin Wall
No - I'm not a dealer! Reason I asked if you had placed order was if not was going to mention the discount Golf prices often listed on this website's 'Best Deals' News....but as you have already....