Non-standard car hire - Conditional Identity
Hi All

I think I already know the answer to my question, but you can never know what gems of info might appear here.

I've been in love with Goddesses since the 70s but it would appear I will never be able to get my hands on one. Therefore does anyone know anybody who hires out Citroen DSs (pref decapotable) for weekend jaunts? This would preferably be in the South, and I'm not thinking of those wedding firms & the like who offer chauffeur-driven services.

As I think I know what the answer would be on this, I shall follow this up with a secondary question so as not to waste a new thread.

If you were given a Xmas gift of membership of a car-hire scheme and you were able to hire 5 cars for a weekend each (Fri night - Sun night) over the course of a year, what would you hire and what would you do with it? To avoid the obvious answers (DB9, Koenigsegg etc), each car must be currently available for sub-75k.

Mine would be:
Citroen DS decap cruising round the English countryside stopping off at country pubs
Citroen DS (black) as above (& maybe take up smoking Gitanes again)
550 Maranello and drive around the local towns on the Saturday to see whether people look on in awe or with scorn, and take it to a track day on the Sunday to see what all the fuss about these types of car is,
1967 Mustang fastback and just drive everywhere
v8 Range Rover & bomb up to Scotland on Friday night, do some mudplugging & bomb back

MC
Non-standard car hire - Happy Blue!
There are car clubs that do this. Look in the back of car magazines esp CAR.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Non-standard car hire - Conditional Identity
Thanks for your reply.

I realise these clubs exist, however I was more interested in a one-off hire of a DS for which, ideally, I wouldn't want to join a club.
Non-standard car hire - henry k
I realise these clubs exist, however I was more interested in a one-off hire of a DS for which, ideally, I wouldn't want to join a club.

>>
So try the obvious source
tinyurl.com/7wklu