So long and thanks for all the banter - No Do$h
Regly-errs may 'ave noticed a certain lack of do$hle$$ne$$ of late, with a correspondening increase in smokiness. Well it's true. No Do$h is no more. 'e 'as shuffled off this mortal coil and gone to join the choir eternal. 'e is an ex-moderator. 'e his not, for clarity, sleeping or resting. 'e is gorn, so 'e is.

A combination of work and home pressures had taken their toll on the amount of time I could commit to this asylum, to the point where I was firing from the hip rather than applying reason to my moderating decisions. In short, I was getting a bit gung-ho and wasn't enjoying it.

So that left me with a decision. Did I quit as moderator and continue posting as ND or did I kill ND off? If the latter, was it to be a clean death or was there to be a little bit of sunshine desserts to ND's demise?

Looking back over recent months I noticed that ND had become bored, under stress, had begun to behave very oddly. Just like dear old Reggie. So that was my decision made. Off the beach I would wander.

A pile of clothes will shortly be found on a Dorset beach, complete with empty wallet and the keys to an Italian diesel sports estate coupe thing.

With one final tribute to Reggie; it's been super HJ.

No Do$h
So long and thanks for all the banter - Conditional Identity
This doesn't look motor related

*tries to delete thread*

;-)
So long and thanks for all the banter - No FM2R
>>complete with empty wallet

No change there, then.
So long and thanks for all the banter - borasport20
>>complete with empty wallet
No change there, then.

Well, no. Who keeps change in a wallet ?

Are you disappearing altogether, Alan, or will you reappear under another pseudonym (if you haven't already done so ?)
Thanks for your time and effort. Moderation is one of the things that make the backroom comfortable as well as useful

So long and thanks for all the banter - teabelly
An ideal solution to all that stress is to buy that maserati you were promising yourself :-)
teabelly
So long and thanks for all the banter - Thommo
ND,

I can honestly recall outbursts of stropyness by your good self.

Plus compared to King Strop himself (Mark) you were St Francis of Assisi.

Still when its time to go...
So long and thanks for all the banter - No FM2R
certainly a sissy.
So long and thanks for all the banter - Dynamic Dave
A pile of clothes will shortly be found on a Dorset beach-

ND, I always said you'd go far....

But I thought it would have been a lot further than the end of Bournemouth Pier ;o)

All the best, DD.

So long and thanks for all the banter - Adam {P}
Alan, I wish you the best of luck sir....

...the best of luck in being "one of us" and not being able to delete anything ;-)

Seriously though - I'm glad, as I'm sure everyone is, that you're sticking around. Let's hope you're not still skint for long.
--
Adam
So long and thanks for all the banter - Dalglish

comment removed as was only stating the obvious. DD.
So long and thanks for all the banter - $till $kint
I've just found the keys to an Alfa Romeo on a beach in Dorset. Do any of you think a goatee will suit me?
So long and thanks for all the banter - BazzaBear {P}
I've just found the keys to an Alfa Romeo on a
beach in Dorset. Do any of you think a goatee
will suit me?

Probably not, it never has anyone else ;)
So long and thanks for all the banter - Chad.R
Do any of you think a goatee will suit me?

People might mistake you for David Brent - then again, perhaps they already do!

All the best.
So long and thanks for all the banter - Bromptonaut
Took Reggie a whole series to return as his alter ego!
So long and thanks for all the banter - volvoman
Now there was I thinking it was the very combination of serious home and work pressures that caused people to become moderators in the first place! You know, the ability to sound offas you like, always have the last word and have complete control of the edit button. :)

Anyway ND, all of this could explain why you blew Mrs V and I out during our recent and very enjoyable trip to sunny Chesil Beach!

So, another moderator bites the dust. Is there something going on that us punters should know about?

Seriosuly though, best wishes and all that AB, No Do$h, $till $kint , Lord Lucan or whoever you really are. If you're ever in our area and fancy a drink just let us know.

Regards from V & Mrs V (x)
always have the last word and have complete control of the edit button.

ND 'didn't get where he was today' without the use of his edit button ;o)

Talking of which, neither did I. Just used it to tidy up this thread a little bit.
So long and thanks for all the banter - Hugo {P}
ND Enjoy your retirement and think of those who remain - from time to time.

Thanks for all your support.

$$ if you're listening in. I hope you enjoy that italian number ;)

H
So long and thanks for all the banter - andymc {P}
Oh dear. First Mark RLBS, then No Do$h. Hope you're sitting comfortably DD ... methinks I feel the end of an era coming on! (No offence Hugo & smokie, it's just that it was those three who were modding the site when I joined!)

So ND, as has been hinted at above, is the pseudonym $till $kint your new nom de plume, or is this a misunderstanding and a horrible insult to a recent member of the Back Room? I think we need closure on this issue.

Regardless, all the best, and thanks very much for all your efforts. In fact, I don't think I got around to saying the same to Mark (was abroad at the time m'lud) so belated thanks to you too (wipes tear from eye).

PS - Buy that Maserati!
--
andymc
Vroom, vroom - mmm, doughnuts ...
I can think of no higher honour than being mistaken for Alan.

Ahem....cough...yes. No higher honour indeed.
--
Adam
This Alan you speak of. Under-tall for his weight and hirsute of face? Owns shares in pies r us

I think I may have seen him........
Bit dodgy looking? Bit of a lolloping gait?

That's Al alright.
--
Adam
So long and thanks for all the banter - patently
Gosh, ND - I come back briefly after a stay elsewhere to find news like this. Ho hum. Well, so long and thanks for the moderation!

Tell you what - I'll keep an eye out for nice Maseratis being driven by a David Brent look-a-like .... you keep a look out for a 911 behind you, with a flashing right indicator ;-)
So long and thanks for all the banter - Clanger
I'm sure HJ locked this thread this afternoon. Before it gets locked again or vanishes I want to add my thanks for the time and effort put in by ND for very little reward (allegedly) to keep the Back Room running as it does. Enjoy your new life under the MPP (Moderation Protection Programme).
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
So long and thanks for all the banter - smokie
It was locked temporarily while the cleaners were in to sweep up a mess in here. It's heading back into that state. Isn't it Adam! :-)

smokie, BR Moderator
So long and thanks for all the banter - Civic8
HJ did,though,I echo your sentiments Hawkeye.Best wishes ND
--
Steve
So long and thanks for all the banter - Mapmaker
Thanks No Do$h for all your hard work over the 20 months I have been a member here. As did Mark, you have kept the site running smoothly, with humour, good sense and remarkably little ill will.

Funnily enough, I was thinking back to last year when a different band used to be major contributors to the back room, and was thinking of patently... when who should arrive in this thread, unexpectedly, but patently himself (hello!).

The Kings are dead, long live the Kings.
So long and thanks for all the banter - patently
thinking of patently... when who should arrive in this
thread, unexpectedly, but patently himself (hello!).

Aww shucks. And Hi, MM.

But anyway, returning to the thread*, thanks ND.

-------------------------
*possibly the first time I have ever done that!
So long and thanks for all the banter - henry k
Thanks for all your efforts and sense of humour.

I guess that pint in the Darbys Corner Inn was doomed not to happen.
I will watch out for a certain Alfa as I am down from smoke at a wedding at Upton Country Park this weekend.
So beware of S reg silver Mondeo Ghia X - saloon of course, in your neck of the woods.

Enjoy your freedom from us lot.
HenryK, I regret ND won't be at his usual abode over the next 10 days as he is farm-sitting in Dorchester (aka Dorch Vegas) for friends who gone on their first holiday in years. Anyone got any suggestions I can pass on for handling 900 sheep, a ram called Cuthbert and a couple of sheepdogs?
So long and thanks for all the banter - Altea Ego
If the sheepdogs are border collies, they have a brain defect.
The sheep have one brain cell to share amoung the flock.
The ram will only do what the hell it wants to do when the hell its wants to do it and if you dont like then thats your problem.

So..

Sheep
just visit them once a day to make sure 1/ none have died, 2/ have escaped. 3/ have no chance of escaping.

Dogs
BUy a "chuck it stick" ball thrower, find a big field and run the dogs until their tongues are scraping on the ground and their eyes have gone crossed. Failure to do so will have a physcotic dog causing trouble. Never trust a border collie. It has more brains than most humans but has somehow very scrambled thought processes. Think of a hormonal teenager with ADHD and double it.

Ram
Visit it once a day and throw food at it from a safe distance - make sure it cant get out. (that reads cant get near you)

So endeth RFs guide to animal husbandry

Sheep
just visit them once a day to make sure 1/ none
have died, 2/ have escaped. 3/ have no chance of escaping.

Check. Quad-bike and L200 are prepared for tours of duty each morning and evening. They are also prepared for the drive across two fields to get to and from the conveniently located village pub without venturing on the road. The pub sells Westons Cider.

:oD
Dogs
BUy a "chuck it stick" ball thrower, find a big field
and run the dogs until their tongues are scraping on the
ground and their eyes have gone crossed. Failure to do so
will have a physcotic dog causing trouble. Never trust a border
collie. It has more brains than most humans but has somehow
very scrambled thought processes. Think of a hormonal teenager with ADHD
and double it.

One is a trained Border Collie bitch, the other a far-from trained Springer Spaniel dog. The Springer has designs on the Collie. The Collie knows this and has developed a defence mechanism involving presenting the Springer with a wall of sheep fury. This is fun to watch.

We may attach the dogs to opposite sides of a rotary clothes line. We may also introduce the 4 mental geese into the equation. We have a video camera and expect a cheque for £500 from Lisa Riley within the week.
Ram
Visit it once a day and throw food at it from
a safe distance - make sure it cant get out. (that
reads cant get near you)

Cuthbert has funny ideas on human dietary requirements. He seems to think it's his duty to make us eat dirt. He is one evil little so-'n'-so, made worse by the fact that his horns have grown in a fashion that seriously restricts his vision. We plan to feed him by air-drop.
We have a video camera and expect a cheque for £500 from Lisa Riley within the week.

You're behind with the times. It's Harry Hill now. Prior to that it was Jonathon Wilkes.
You're behind with the times. It's Harry Hill now. Prior to
that it was Jonathon Wilkes.

You're missing the point. It's blackmail I'm talking, not publication!
So long and thanks for all the banter - Altea Ego
Oh and when is the Back Room BBq'd Mutton with goose and cider party?

So long and thanks for all the banter - Alyn Beattie
Hi Alan

Thought you had been quiet lately. As mentioned many times previously, thanks for the moderating.

Did you make Dorset? Did you see THE band?

Drop me an e mail when you have time.
--
Alyn Beattie

I\'m sane, it\'s the rest of the world that\'s mad.