Route dilemma: Exeter - Legoland - Marky Mark
Hi learned back roomers,

We are going to Legoland (Windsor) for a couple of days, leaving tomorrow. I am stuck between choosing the A30-A303-M3 or M5-M4. I plan to leave c 7am (but am flexible) and return 6-7pm on the Friday.

Can anyone with any experience of these routes let me know which is the best option. I am tempted by the M5-M4, but fear the traffic on the M4 at around 8.30'ish will be horrendous.

Any thoughts?
cheers,
MM
Ruote dilemma: Exeter - Legoland - Round The Bend
I'd go M5/M4. School hols still apply so the M4 around breakfast time should n't be too bad. For return journey, I'd leave it as late as possible and check traffic news before deciding.
Route dilemma: Exeter - Legoland - mare
We've done Legoland 3 times this year from Bath. M5/M4 is quicker for us, but all our trips have been at weekends.

I used to visit a site in Wentworth (just down the road) last year, and oddly found the A303 / M3 route easier and nicer. Bit longer, but nicer and more likely to keep you awake. Fewer services though.
Route dilemma: Exeter - Legoland - Truckersunite
I would use the A303 Route, I used to use it alot going from Reading to Plymouth everyday on a regular run, much better scenery, and as for the services issue, I think there are actually more on this route then on the M4, also, if there is an accident etc then it is easier to divert from an A road rather then sit in the traffic for hours on the M4.
Route dilemma: Exeter - Legoland - No Do$h
Go to Chessington instead. Much better fun than Legoland.
Route dilemma: Exeter - Legoland - Chris M
You are likely to spend more time queing for the rides than in traffic. Can't think why anyone would want to go there in school holidays, our visits have been on Inset days. Do it all in a day then.

Chris M
Route dilemma: Exeter - Legoland - Adam {P}
Chris' secret hobby - Legoland. Bung the kids in school and go there for a trip.

We're onto you Chris ;-)
--
Adam
Route dilemma: Exeter - Legoland - Chris M
Rumbled!
Route dilemma: Exeter - Legoland - Marky Mark
We have just returned from 3 weeks in Florida, so don't need anymore adrenaline rushes! Fancy some gentle fun for the little one! Also used to queuing!

Still can't decide on the route!

MM
Route dilemma: Exeter - Legoland - Downesi1
I've been doing Teignmouth to Guildford reqularly for the last 18 years and the A303 is definatly the best route....
Route dilemma: Exeter - Legoland - oldtoffee
I live near Windsor and my vote goes to the A303 route. The traffic at the roundabout at the end of the Windsor relief road that runs from J6 of the M4 is always thick with Legoland traffic, sometimes backing right back to the M4. At the roundabout everyone pushes on through the red lights causing blockages to traffic flow and consequently big delays. No brainer.