Stickers - johnny
As a boy, I was deperate for stickers and couldn't understand why my dad wouldn't let me put them on the car. I once wrote to Fram filters and they sent me a FRAM FRED sticker, which I think was a dog wearing a crash helmet. I also used to buy Castrol service stickers from a boy whose dad had a garage and he'd procured a roll of them.
My holy grail which I never managed to get was an oval STP sticker, found on most rally cars in the 1970s. Can you still get STP ?
Stickers - frostbite
I used to sell STP in the 60s and eventually threw about 50 of those stickers in the bin.

I'd have kept one for you if I'd known you were going to ask!
Stickers - BillB
I was once told that STP stood for Stop Teenage Pregnancies ;-)
Stickers - BobbyG
Did it work for you?
Stickers - mjm
< >

Have a look and see if he's got a "Baby on board sticker" in the rear window.

God I HATE those!
Stickers - mjm
Meant to add, I had a Standard 8 covered in the old "bullet holes" stickers, Luckily the radiator wasn't punctured.
Stickers - Altea Ego
Stickers? Pah

1973 - a genuine Marlboro branded rally jacket, red with white stripes up the arm seams. Cloth yes CLOTH patches sewn on. STP, Mobil, Ford, Shell, BP.

Oh and Italain leather driving gloves, no backs with wrist strap and holes all over.....

Luverly
Stickers - Altea Ego
Oh and Quaker State patch, never knew what or where it was but you had to have one.
Stickers - johnny
Cossack hairspray as advertised by Roger Clarke?
Stickers - Altea Ego
Oh yes, and black addidas trainers as worn by the late great Roger Clarke
Stickers - frazerjp
I once brought a sticker that said: 'Drive it like you stole it!' But my Dad adviced me not to put it on just incase the local constabulary might pull me over!!!
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Stickers - trancer
Quaker State is the nickname for Pennsylvania which is the state where a devout religious sect known as the Quakers settled. Very ironic that the Quakers shun the use of automobiles or any modern mode of transportation that one would actually use Quaker State oil in. They are still there to this day travelling by horse and buggy.

STP means Scientifically Treated Petroleum, and is still sold today, not that you would want to actually use it in your car. Its a thick oil almost like treacle and when I tried it in my old Trans-Am years ago(I plead 17y/o and naive)it promptly clogged the oil pump.
Stickers - tyro
Very ironic that the Quakers shun the use of automobiles or
any modern mode of transportation that one would actually use Quaker
State oil in. They are still there to this day
travelling by horse and buggy.

I believe you are thinking of the Amish. The Quakers have no problems with motor transport.
Stickers - trancer
"I believe you are thinking of the Amish. The Quakers have no problems with motor transport."

Always thought they were the same, I know the Amish population is strongest in Pennsyvania so maybe thats where I got mixed up.
Stickers - BillB
At my age it would be a miracle if I had needed to use it (to stop teenage pregnancies, that is)
:-)
Stickers - stokie
At the risk of hijacking this thread can I ask how to remove stickers from a rear windscreen? One peeled off nicely and meths got the glue off, but 2 others seem well stuck and I'm loathe to scrape them for fear of damaging the heated rear window element. Is there a magic liquid or technique?
Stickers - Brill {P}
Try Ronsonol Lighter Fluid, it dissolves the glue, and evaporated quickly without staining anything.
Stickers - artful dodger {P}
Sometimes a hairdryer can loosen the adhesive.
Stickers - Dynamic Dave
At the risk of hijacking this thread can I ask how to remove stickers from a rear windscreen?

A quick forum search reveals:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=6271
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=11223

Probably more lurking about as this question gets asked from time to time.
Stickers - GolfR_Caravelle_S-Max
One tip if you want to keep a special sticker such as a Glastonbury Festival ticket, or a Swiss Motorway Pass, is to first stick on the window a patch of "not very sticky" film such as used on exercise books or the stuff that covers the front of new glass things like microwave ovens. Then stick the "super-duper-you'll-never-get-this-off" sticker onto it's weaker compatriate. Hey presto, it'll peel off easily and be usable another day..