Car of the Year and HJ across the World - Mark (Brazil)
I think HJ said he would be on LBC tomorrow at 2pm UK Time ?

Well, despite the attrocious miscarriage of justice and distortion of reality which has, by some indescribably unlikely chain of events, prevented the Freelander winning "Worst Car of the Year", I thought I'd like to listen to the show.

So, for those people like me based outside the UK, although I believe myself to be the only expat in the world, there is a way....

Going to this website - www.lbc.co.uk/ - and looking down in the bottom right corner should allow you to listen to the radio over the Internet. You'll need Realplayer but you can get that free from www.real.com/. You only need the free one, so don't go paying for anything !!

And whilst I'm being helpful, anyone who downloads loads of stuff should be looking at www.getright.com - excellent tool and very simple to use.

I can't test the radio broadcast from here since my PC has no speakers, but I regularily use this method to listen to Capital Radio from home, so I don't see an issue.

Anyway, I'm tuning is, so you better be good HJ !!

And, HJ, if the Freelander gains the coveted position it so clearly deserves, I'll leave the unmarked, untraceable, currency in the sports bag behind the bus-stop.

BTW, for some reason I can't find where HJ said what time he'd be on, so if anyone else remembers.......

M.

p.s. are you going to plug this site ? You ought to.
Re: Car of the Year and HJ across the World - Honest John
Many thanks to Mark for plugging LBC Digital. He's right. Go to www.lbc.co.uk and you can hear the broadcast. But the time is now UK 15.00hrs to 16.00hrs, not the original 14.00hrs to 15.00hrs.

HJ
Re: Car of the Year and HJ across the World - Cockle
HJ

You now realise this puts you in direct competition with the FA Cup!!!!

I would rather listen to you of course but I've already got the tickets.

Does anyone know how I can do a timed recording over the Web???
Re: Car of the Year and HJ across the World - Randolph Lee
even worse with the Lord of the Rings on Radio 4 from 14:30 to 15:30 Tisk Tisk Well I will just have to miss the first half of your Show HJ

~R
Re: Car of the Year and HJ across the World - alvin booth
HJ, Take a member of the bomb squad with you when you go for Marks sports bag and stand behind him.
Alvin
Re: Car of the Year and HJ across the World - Mark (Brazil)
it is somewhat peculiar sitting in my garden in Rio wtih a G&T listening to HJ on LBC millions of miles away.

However, they did just play first a weather forecast and second a traffic report for the M25.

How cold ? How long is the tailback ? Fog ?

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !

Mark, Rio, no traffic, 37 degrees.
Re: Car of the Year and HJ across the World - Cockle
Mark (Brazil)

Don't mock the afflicted, it's not nice and it's not clever :-)

Even the football's frozen off, must all be wusses playing these days, I remember when..............
Re: Car of the Year and HJ across the World - Mark (Brazil)
I enjoyed your show, John.

It sounded from a couple fo comments that its regular ?

If so, when's the next one ?

M.
Re: Car of the Year and HJ across the World - Honest John
Sorry, Mark, don't know. Not because there won't be a next one, but because the producer's 2002 diary had not yet arrived from LBC stationery department.
Next week the spot is occupied by Gerard Sauer, who seems to be brilliant at fixing people's cars via the radio, something I don't profess to be able to do.

HJ
Re: Car of the Year and HJ across the World - Randolph Lee
I also enjoyed the 2ed half of it ... well done John do let us know when you will be on again

~R