Wheel trim cleaner - DaveKent
And the best wheel trim cleaner on the market for getting rid of brake dust which looks like its been there for 9 years, and what can only be described as nicotine stain yellow is...... ?

(I know I could just buy new ones, but these are the original Rover ones which i'd like to clean up if possible)
Wheel trim cleaner - Adam {P}
For alloys I use somethign called Wonder Wheels. Fantastic stuff - you brush it on and the dirt literally falls off. Quite painful if you get it on your skin though.

Not sure if it would be suitable for plastic trims though.
--
Adam
Wheel trim cleaner - Truckosaurus
For plastic wheel trims can't you just prise them off and wash them in the sink (whilst the GLW is looking the other way) using Fairy Liquid and Elbow Grease?

Although the discolouration is probably due to aging and no amount of cleaning will help.
Wheel trim cleaner - oldtoffee
When I ran out of my normal wheel cleaner - Autoglym I used Fairy (Liquid) Power Spray - best to leave it on for 5 minutes. It does work very well, better than alloy cleaner IMO, doesn't run off and doesn't seem to harm the plastic.
Wheel trim cleaner - madf
Solvol Autosol chrome cleaner is great on encrusted rust and stubborn stains..

madf

Wheel trim cleaner - henry k
Polycell brush restorer
Wheel trim cleaner - PoloGirl
Wonder wheels to get the 9 year old dirt off and Autoglym Clean Wheels (comes in a spray pump, much easier to apply than Wonder Wheels) for the times after that.

Don't breath either of them in though!

Wheel trim cleaner - PoloGirl
Sorry - misread the question. Don't think you can use Wonder Wheels if they're not alloys, but Clean Wheels would probably still work.

Wheel trim cleaner - blue_haddock
You give them a squirt of TFR and then jet them off with the power wash.
Wheel trim cleaner - WhiteTruckMan
You lot keep cleening those trims.
I personally just keep my eyes peeled at the side of the road for trims that have fallen off other peoples cars. So far I have 3 (matching) that are better than those on the wifes car.
Just waiting for the last one now.

WTM
Wheel trim cleaner - ihpj
You lot keep cleening those trims.
I personally just keep my eyes peeled at the side of
the road for trims that have fallen off other peoples cars.

Have you ever thought WTM that the wheel trims you find are as a result of some scrupulous owner having cleaned his trims and then not put them on tightly enough before driving about town to show them off - only to realise that they've 'lost one' when they get back home? ;)

Sorry your post had me in stitches :)
Wheel trim cleaner - Blue {P}
This might sound daft, but T-cut is probably a good idea.

Clean the thick off the wheels as normal when you wash the car, you should then be left with nasty black and yellow staining.

Then just get an old cloth and polish the plastic with T-Cut, or something even stronger if you can get your hands on it.

We had problems all the time with yellow stained alloys in my last garage, no amount of acid seemed to shift some of the staining so we got some G3 (a really strong version of T-cut) and polished them, it nearly always lifted the stains.

Let us know hoe you mangage, hope it works.

Blue
Wheel trim cleaner - trancer
280 grit sandpaper followed up by a rattle can of silver paint.
Wheel trim cleaner - DaveKent
This might sound daft, but T-cut is probably a good idea.
Clean the thick off the wheels as normal when you wash
the car, you should then be left with nasty black and
yellow staining.

T-cut works a treat. One down 3 to go. Tried different things I had in the garage but nothing shifted that thick black soot or yellow stain except T-cut.
Wheel trim cleaner - borasport20
Autoglym wheel cleaner would be my recomendation. If I remember correctly, amongst other things it is a mild (phosporic ?) acid, so take care, and don't leave it on too long or soak things in it !