What do you think about the Kia Cee'd?

I'm thinking of buying a 2 year old Kia Cee'd. The nature of my motoring means I need either the 1.6 petrol or the 1.6 diesel. My preference would be for an automatic gearbox but that's not a deal breaker. I wondered what you thought of the Cee'd, it's respective 1.6 petrol and diesel engines and whether the auto box was a safe bet.

Asked on 11 January 2017 by John S

Very reliable with a fantastic 7 year warranty. Britain's hardest to please car owner is on his 2nd Cee'd diesel auto and is happy with it. The diesel switched from 6 speed torque converter to 7 speed DCT. He was worried about this, but he's happy now. Runs it on Michelin Cross Climate tyres that make a significant improvement to ride, noise and steering feel.