How do I debadge a car? - audi80tdi
Hi all
Im wanting to remove the four audi circles on the back of my Audi 80. They seem to be glued on pretty stiff.

How do i remove the badge without scratching the paintwork, and also will it leave a mark after it is removed?

Cheers
How do I debadge a car? - kenl
A bit gentle heat from a hair dryer and slice off with tooth floss. Not done it but have read this tecnhique on another website.
How do I debadge a car? - Chad.R
Yep, I read of the dental floss tip too in a BMW mag IIRC, I suppose nylon thread would work just as well.
How do I debadge a car? - blue_haddock
Warm the glue up with a hairdryer.
How do I debadge a car? - Happy Blue!
Why do you want to do it?

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
How do I debadge a car? - cheddar
What colour is it? I.e. if it is red you are likely to be left with four darker red circles where the badge has been.
How do I debadge a car? - L'escargot
Do red cars really fade that much? I've had bodywork repairs done on more than one red car and there was never any problem of mismatching of the new and the old paint.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
How do I debadge a car? - L'escargot
Why do you want to do it?

Perhaps they want to disguise the fact that they've got a base variant? If you've got it, flaunt it. If you haven't got it, disguise the fact.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
How do I debadge a car? - storme
just gently heat the area with a hair dryer,,,
put it on low heat and after about 5 mins,,just gentley remove the badge,,,i used a knife[not a good idea] covered in grease proof paper,,this i found was very slidey on my paint work,,,so no damage...the main thing was to heat the area,,not to concentrate on 1 spot.....
i have a 330ci but did it becaue the car looks better de-badged.
How do I debadge a car? - Lucian Deville
heat from the rear if feasible for 15 mins, then you will lift most of the badge abd seal in one go.

if you car is old, been in too much sun, t/cut that pannel gently.