MPG: Fuel Consumption on Audi 80 TDi? - audi80tdi
Hi all,

Was wondering what average MPG you lot get on average no your Audi 80 TDi.

Im getting just about 37MPG on my 1994 Audi 80. I drive on short stop start journeys (school run, shopping,gym etc) and my average speed rarely exceeds 35mph. Is this MPG about right?
MPG: Fuel Consumption on Audi 80 TDi? - DavidHM
Seems on the poor side to me, although short journeys aren't good for a car and it's all I get from my 1995 Peugeot 406 1.9.

I rented a Golf with the same engine and got over 60 mpg from it on a long run, driving quite gently.

I suspect that your engine could benefit from a new air filter if the old one's been in there a while, some injector cleaner, and a thorough check to make sure there are no blockages, etc.

MPG: Fuel Consumption on Audi 80 TDi? - nortones2
May not be anything wrong with the vehicle, but how long (in miles) are your trips? My old 80 gave over 50mpg average over total life with me of 50,000 miles, but it was nearly always used on 80 mile round trips.
MPG: Fuel Consumption on Audi 80 TDi? - rwb
I get 46mpg out of my 1996 406 1.9. I do about 350 miles every week, 300 on the motorway.

On the roads anything resembling a hill is bad news, got down to 38mpg on short journeys round West Yorkshire.
MPG: Fuel Consumption on Audi 80 TDi? - rwb
Forgot to mention:

A new fuel filter made it a lot more lively.