New Land Rover Discovery - BobbyG
Saw one of these in the flesh today for the first time.
Oh my God! What an awful looking car. Without a word of a lie, the side profile resembles the "Popemobile" that was used in the 80's when he was in Great Britain. The back end looks like it has been added on to the chassis, similar to a Truckman Top being placed on a pick-up.
SWMBO thought that it looked like one of the disguised cars you see in Auto Express with big square taped edges to hide the actual shape of the car.
Truly awful looking, IMHO of course!
New Land Rover Discovery - blue_haddock
i saw one a week or so back and thought i looked as ugly as sin
New Land Rover Discovery - NowWheels
The new Discovery is an obsecene vehicle, a prime candidate for punitive taxation and bans from urban areas. Hugely overweight, it gobbles fuel, and woe betide an occupant of an ordinary car who gets whacked by one of these personal juggernauts.

Its front looks like an excellent design for rolling pedestrians under the vehicle, rather than lifting them up onto a softened bonnet, as per modern car designs. (Of course, since EuroNCAP doesn't measure this effect, it'll probably do fine uin the EuroNCAP tests if LandRover has softened the impact areas)

It'd be nice to think that its styling deters customers, until the legislators get around to some sort of a ban.

New Land Rover Discovery - dodo
Well it might look a bit funny but its a very competent vehicle. I had a long drive recently in a 2.7 Turbo Diesel (the new Jaguar engine?) It is light years ahead of the old one, goes well, very quiet and well built. If I wanted a new 4x4 and had £30k I would be delighted to have one!
New Land Rover Discovery - Pugugly {P}
Yep - SWMBO wants one.
New Land Rover Discovery - PhilW
Bit like a Berlingo on steroids!!

OK - I'm on my way already!!
New Land Rover Discovery - Dave N
I've only seen 3 in the flesh. One on the M25, one parked up at the dealer's with suspension failure, and one on the hard shoulder of the M23 with it's bonnet up.

No change there then.
New Land Rover Discovery - Chas{P}
Saw one broken down in the middle of the A45 Tollbar roundabout during the evening rush hour.
New Land Rover Discovery - Hugo {P}
Saw one broken down in the middle of the A45 Tollbar
roundabout during the evening rush hour.

Hmmm, probably been No Wheeled!

H
New Land Rover Discovery - SjB {P}
Well, they are off road vehicles, so hopefully they'll stay that way! ;-)
New Land Rover Discovery - NowWheels
Hmmm, probably been No Wheeled!

Nice to know that they are being fitted with their own self-destruct mechanism. It'll save the legislators lots of work :)
New Land Rover Discovery - v8man
>>Its front looks like an excellent design for rolling pedestrians under the vehicle, rather than lifting them up onto a softened bonnet, as per modern car designs. (Of course, since EuroNCAP doesn't measure this effect, it'll probably do fine uin the EuroNCAP tests if LandRover has softened the impact areas)<<

And after being lifted onto the softened bonnet your head is then pulped on the very tough laminated screen before bouncing off onto the road!

By the way, I think the new Disco is fantastic.

--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
New Land Rover Discovery - Pugugly {P}
Oh dear I have promised to go to the local Gin Palace (that is the LR showroom) tomorrow. SWMBO is looking at borrowing for a weekend. She will get her way.....she a human Land Rover (without the breakdowns). Oh dear, oh dear (very, very dear I fear)
New Land Rover Discovery - BobbyG
she a human Land Rover (without the breakdowns).

If that is the case PU, please don't take my initial post personally!

:)