m25/m11 roadworks - volvoman
Just returned from another Stansted Airport run and thought I'd warn any occasional M25/M11 users amongst you of the major roadworks which started there today and are due to last up to 10 weeks IIRC (judging by the one man, his dog and a garden rotivator set-up it could be longer however:()

At around 7.30 this morning the situation north of the Dartford Tunnel was very slow indeed right up as far as jcn 27. This added about 90mins to our journey so anyone heading in that general direction over the next few weeks beware and either find an alternative route or leave a good deal of extra time especially if you're wanting to catch a flight or on urgent business of some sort.

ps The queue for the M11 exit started several miles short of it and many drivers who were trying to turn off and didn't realise this were having great difficulties doing so.
m25/m11 roadworks - Mapmaker
Thanks, V-Man. Please would you confirm which motorway, which junctions & which directions are affected.

Many thanks
m25/m11 roadworks - Altea Ego
Errr Yes. As it happens I am due there this afternoon, off to berlin for the w/e.

I am going M25 clockwise, then M11 north. Does this affect me?

cheers
Sorry guys for the delay - the problem I came across was between jcns. 30 and 27 of the M25 going anticlockwise from The Darftord Tunnel. I'd Imagine Jcns 25 and 26 coming from the other direction would have been similarly affected. The M11 north of jcn 6 was fine but south of it I could see tailbacks from the direction of jcn 5. How bad though I can't tell you. I believe there was a major accident somewhere on the south part of the M11 and, if so, this may well have been adding to any problem. I'd allow as much time as you can RF. HTH you both and enjoy your trip.
m25/m11 roadworks - Altea Ego
Just checked vauxhall traffic net, and it seems that m25 a/c 29 to 27 are slow/stopped and M11 north bound 4/5 are slow. M25 c/w to 29 *seems* ok but I will plan an A1 diversion just in case.

Thanks for the warning VM, Berlin looks sunny and warm for the w/e
My pleasure RF - Mrs V's away for 10 days too so I hope the weather in that part of Europe stays fine for you both. In the meantime, while the cat's away.....:)
m25/m11 roadworks - Mapmaker
... the emissions are higher?

Where's that coat?