New Car Imports - Mazza
Has anyone heard of New Car Import Services Ltd. base in Billingshurst, W Sussex or bought an import through them?

Have had a good quote for Import of BMW Compact and pay in sterling with 3 year warranty but they want balance 2 weeks before delivery and it is payable direct to them (as is deposit but I can use credit card cheque and receive protection for this).

Their website is listed on honestjohn (www.newcarimportservices.com).

What should I do? How can I find out more about them?
Re: New Car Imports - richard price
I would be very wary, suggest paying the money to a third party a solicitor for example, however, there will probably be a cost implication (and the company obviously wants the cash to help their flow). Another way would perhaps to get your credit card extended to cover the full amount and pay on it on the card two weeks before, then when the card arrives produce a bankers draft and obtain a credit on your card, bit long winded but cant see any other way and remain financially safe.
Re: New Car Imports - Honest John
A credit card cheque does not provide credit card protection.

HJ
Re: New Car Imports - Pete Fincher
We bought our BMW through them exactly a year ago, although we dealt vie Carbusters.Com (the Which backed Website - they used New Car Imports as their agent). The whole deal went well, there was no problem in paying over the money although they did not accept credit cards in excess of £2,500 at that time. I was concerned about paying money over to someone I had never met but felt some re-assurance in the fact that The Consumers Association must have vetted them or they would not have used them.

I was very impressed with their service and the savings we made. The purchase was handled by Alf Moore who really knew his stuff (espcially knowledgable about BMWs).

Hope this helps.

Pete
Re: New Car Imports - Andrew Hamilton
Cannot see why the money is not paid to a solicitor, in advance, to be released when the car is delivered. If the company's cash flow is so bad as to need the money in hand before the car arrives - it would worry me!
Even if you pay by credit card, there could be a long delay before the card company compensates you!
Cannot see why the money is not paid to a solicitor, in advance, to be released when the car is delivered. If the company's cash flow is so bad as to need the money in hand before the car arrives - it would worry me!
Even if you pay by credit card, there could be a long delay before the card company compensates you!
Whoops, sorry it all locked up my end. Sorry