Nasty Sun Cream marks - MikeW
Hi Folks

I\'m starting a new topic in desperation. Both of our cars and one of the grandparents\' cars now have nice little handprints on them thanks to one of my littl\'uns and some sun cream.

I\'ve tried pretty much everything I can think of and these prints just persist.

Has anyone encountered this and found a solution (literally!)?

I\'m sure it can\'t be permanent. Surely sun cream isn\'t as bad for your paint finish as bird carp?

Thanks for any help with this one.
Mike

Nasty Sun Cream marks - Mapmaker
WHere are the handprints? On the paint? T-cut?
Hi

Yes they're on the door panels. I didn't try t-cut as I wasn't sure it was that serious. I guess I could try that one next.

We had a go with oil remover etc and these prints just jump straight back once the liquid has dried. It's like having little hand holograms in the paintwork.

WHere are the handprints? On the paint? T-cut?
Nasty Sun Cream marks - Mark (RLBS)
what type of oil remover did you use ?

Do the marks have an oily feel to them or does it appear that they've actually damaged the paint ?
That's where my problem comes in. They look oily but shed water like the rest of the paint. They don't feel different - greasy or anything.

I just can't credit that sun-tan cream can damage paint? I guess from your question you think (or know) it's possible.

Nasty Sun Cream marks - patently
How old is the paint finish?

I'm guessing, but has the sun cream worked its way into fine cracks in the outer layer. Washing & polishing won't take that off - T-cut will have to be the last resort to take the layer of paint off and the sun cream with it.
Nasty Sun Cream marks - Mark (RLBS)
I never cease to be amazed about what can damage car paint.

I'd probably go with Patently and recommend some T-Cut. The only issue with that is that it might smarten up that bit of paint so well you end up doing the whole car !
Nasty Sun Cream marks - Dynamic Dave
No Dosh had some sun cream spilt on his upholstery recently. One of the suggestions was to use Tesco\'s Window Cleaning spray to remove it. Just a thought.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23211