Removing suncream from upholstery - No Do$h
Some factor 30 water resistant suncream made a bid for freedom on the back seat of the tractor recently and got as far as leaving the bottle. Sadly it met its demise before completing its escape attempt and now lies, a shadow of its former self, mottling my previously pristine blitz cloth interior.

Any ideas on how to get this off the seat based on your own experience, not \"this might work\" please

Failing that it\'s valet time.
Removing suncream from upholstery - patently
Buy a new one. It's only 3.5 grand [types very carefully..] after all.
Removing suncream from upholstery - AN Other
I got a few horrid stains out of my upholstery this weekend with... Tesco's Window Cleaning spray. Clear stuff in a clear plastic sprayer. I am bearing your sensible caveat in mind, and am not saying "this might work", in that it removed plenty of similarly greasy marks to suncream, skin cream etc. with no ill effects.

Failing that, I'd look for the appropriate "Stain Devil" or similar.
I got a few horrid stains out of my upholstery this
weekend with... Tesco's Window Cleaning spray. Clear stuff in a clear
plastic sprayer. I am bearing your sensible caveat in mind, and
am not saying "this might work", in that it removed plenty
of similarly greasy marks to suncream, skin cream etc. with no
ill effects.
Failing that, I'd look for the appropriate "Stain Devil" or similar.

This begs the question; how did you find out that window cleaner removes grease stains from upholstery?
Removing suncream from upholstery - AN Other
LOL... Well, I'd just done the windows, and I put the bottle down on the footwell carpet. It fell over and leaked. I rubbed and wiped the leakage (fnarr..) and was rewarded with a really clean bit of carpet. Being lazy and tight, I decided to not go back into the house or down to the shops for upholstery cleaner or similar, but to test out my new discovery further on the seats. Worked a treat! I'm sure Fleming felt just the same when he "discovered" penicillin...
Right, I'm off to Tesco on the way home.

Cheers Mrs Other. (Well, with the first name "An"....)
Removing suncream from upholstery - NowWheels
Cheers Mrs Other. (Well, with the first name "An"....)

When the entire backroom has decamped to France, this sort of ambiguity will be removed. "Un autre" or "une autre" ... compris?
Removing suncream from upholstery - Altea Ego
Ooooo goodie! we off to France on holiday? Is decamp the same as key camp? Save me a cool Bier Blanc.
Removing suncream from upholstery - Mapmaker
You'll be getting those Moules-frights yet, RF. Yipee. Is HJ paying...??? Pretty please??? We've all been such good boys & girls, and need our lolipops.

Just think of the fun we could have on holiday together. Patently & NoWheels could see if they could write more than 3000 words per day on speed cameras (they managed it yesterday!)

We could try inter-breeding those pedants & pragmats - oooh er

We could investigate French farming practices, with specific reference to Tractors.

In fact, this deserves a new thread next week: What would the backroom do on holiday.

Bon weekend, mes amis.
Removing suncream from upholstery - patently
Patently & NoWheels could see if they could write more
than 3000 words per day on speed cameras (they managed it
yesterday!)

>>

Did we really!??

If only I could be as productive at work... perhaps I should work for the DfT?

Maybe not, actually.
Did we really!??
If only I could be as productive at work... perhaps I
should work for the DfT?
Maybe not, actually.

You're over-qualified; you own a car.
Removing suncream from upholstery - malteser
Use sea water liberally applied - it always succeeds in removing factor 60 from my UV sensitive skin!
Or --perhaps not!
Roger in Spain
Removing suncream from upholstery - Adam {P}
ND, if you want a personal recommendation, the aptly called Auto Glym Upholstery Cleaner. My new Focus is the Gold colour so has a very light interior. As you would imagine, the seats stain easily so I bought this and tried it. The bucket was black once I'd finished rinsing it out and the seats look brand new. Can also be used for the plastic inside the car and works great on that too!

Cost me about 4 quid at this small motorisht discount place and comes in a large spray bottle which should last a while.

Cheers

Adam

P.S. - No I dont' work for A.G.
Removing suncream from upholstery - Adam {P}
"motorisht"? I'm drunk!