This is a Motoring Forum - Mark (RLBS)
Right, here comes fair warning......

This is a motoring forum. If you are a car hater and see the car as the root of evil, then you are in the wrong place.

That's motoring. All forms of motoring, but not anti-motoring.

This forum has gone quite far enough down the speed cameras are wonderful and car-type-x is not.

So, don't waste hours of your time typing your epic based on how cars are unwanted, to be banned or anything else because then you'll be upset when I delete it.

Of course you may have your opinions, but if they are solely and repetitively based on banning a type of vehicle, be that 4x4s or anything else I shall simply delete it.

If all you can do is blindly type pages and pages about why speed is bad and cameras are good, then the same will apply.

If this upsets you then please feel free to e-mail me at mailto:nasty_moderator@like_I_give_a_s***.com or take yourself off in a huff to www.I-hate-all-cars.com

And;

yes, this is an unreasonable stance
no, I will not change my mind
no, I don't really care what you think about it
yes, you may leave the backroom in a sulk never to return
yes, if you can convince HJ, he may decide to overrule me
no, you have no right of free speech since this is not your website
yes, it might be the beginning of censorship

And if I missed a question, just assume that you probably wouldn't like my answer and then lets go from there.

And, by the way, do not even waste your time commenting on the moderating policy of this site, since I shall delete that as well. Feel free to e-mail Me, Dave, Alan or HJ at the usual addresses and we shall address your comments.
This is a Motoring Forum - No Do$h
And if I missed a question, just assume that you
probably wouldn't like my answer and then lets go from there.

ROFLMAO!

Oh boy, I'm actually crying with laughter here...!

::: slaps desk whilst howling :::

Yup, you made my evening.

Alan
This is a Motoring Forum - machika
I love cars, just hate traffic. A motoring forum shouldn't just be about worshiping the car culture, it should be prepared to accept discussion on the car's (sometimes negative) impact on society.
oh look, its not difficult; try these excerpts from my earlier note;

"Of course you may have your opinions, but if they are solely and repetitively based on banning a type of vehicle, be that 4x4s or anything else I shall simply delete it."

"If all you can do is blindly type pages and pages about why speed is bad and cameras are good"

It is not that any one view is acceptable or not. The point is that tedious repetition which engulfs every conversation is not.

It doesn't matter whether the views are NW's at one end of the scale or Bogbrush at the other - neither is acceptable.

And I would draw your attention to one more point from my e-mail;

"do not even waste your time commenting on the moderating policy of this site, since I shall delete that as well."

To which end, this and any further discussion will be removed later today.

I shall make one last attempt to explain, after this you\'re on your own and if you don\'t like what\'s going on, then you need to find somewhere else to be.

As a Moderator I am mostly not interested in what your opinion is. Partly because I\'ve heard them all before, and partly because we like to give you the opportunity to say them, whether or not we agree with them.

However, I truly have no hidden agenda, so if it seems to me that you are monopolising the backroom in much the same way as a cracked record would, then you probably are.

Any opinion which is monopolising and boring, whether that be NW or Bogbrush or any of the remarkably broad spectrum in between will attract my attention.

If it does, and I believe it unsuitable to this motoring forum, then it will be deleted.

It is a motoring forum. Machika (I think) has a very valid point - all aspects of motoring need to be discussed, even the less attractive side. But if you wish to incessantly complain, whine, and preach on the same point of view, then again you will be deleted.

The Backroom is what it is because of the way we run it. Within reason you can say pretty much what you like, but don\'t go on about it. Certainly don\'t use intimidating, swamping or bullying techniques because you will spend hours typing them and I will spend seconds deleting them.

If you hate cars that much, then go somewhere else. If you don\'t hate cars that much but people seem to think you do, then re-examine how you present your case.

It probably comes to this; I\'m a fairly reasonable kind of middle of the road sort of person; if you don\'t irritate me or bore me then you\'ll probably be left alone since I am also lazy and I\'ll probably assume that if you\'re not boring or irritating me, then you are probably not boring or irritating anybody else.

The Backroom will not change, and unless either I quit or HJ fires me, then the policy will not change.

So you have three choices;

1) leave
2) get over it
3) be happy with it

There is nothing else.