New peugeot 40? - Halmer
I was behind a Peugeot today. One I hadn't seen before but looked really stylish in a deep purply colour.

Would it have been the new 40whatever it is?
New peugeot 40? - Mr Tickle
Probably the new 407, I've only seen photos but it it does appear to be very striking.
New peugeot 40? - Imagos
fantastic looking car ruined by name why do they persist in calling cars by numbers? four hundred and seven? oh please! give it a name peugeot.
New peugeot 40? - Mr Tickle
This could be a thread in its own right - why do some manufacturers (such as Peugeot, Mercedes, BMW, Alfa Romeo, Mazda)use numbers and letters when others give their products names?
New peugeot 40? - Imagos
This could be a thread in its own right -

i agree, also as much as i dislike Renault at least they had the good sense to drop the numbers for names. A name gives a car personality. It's no surprise that them two German marques use numbers after all they are devoid of any personality (the cars? or the country?) My car is my baby and i wouldn't call my son four hundred and seven.
New peugeot 40? - PhilW
"My car is my baby and I wouldn't call my son four hundred and seven."
No but would the 407 sound better for being called Norman or Sharon??
afraid there is no consistency here anyway. Some German cars do have names - Golf, Polo and Sharan to name but 3. And of course those very interesting Italians never use names do they - just numbers like 360 or 612,or 147 or 166. However sometimes they give them really interesting names like Quattroporte (4 doors!) or Panda.
Nevertheless, perhaps you are right, some names do conjure up wonderful images of a car with real character. Who could forget Allegro, Cherry, Sunny or Starion or best of the lot Carisma? Whereas who on earth would remember what a DB8, or XK150 was?
Your car is your baby? - hope you don't call your son Megane Scenic.
New peugeot 40? - P 2501
LOL!
New peugeot 40? - Imagos
>>>> afraid there is no consistency here anyway. Some German cars do
have names - Golf, Polo and Sharan to name but 3.

i was of course referring to BMW and Mercedes. but i suppose E class, S class etc are not numbers.
New peugeot 40? - Imagos
>> This could be a thread in its own right -
i agree, also as much as i dislike Renault at least
they had the good sense to drop the numbers for names.
A name gives a car personality. It's no surprise that them
two German marques use numbers after all they are devoid of
any personality (the cars? or the country?) My car is my
baby and i wouldn't call my son four hundred and seven.

to moderators:

started another thread (names and numbers) on this so i think 3 posts belong there?

New peugeot 40? - No Do$h
fantastic looking car

Apart from the huge front overhang and the feeling that they simply took a Ford Cougar and stretched it a bit....
New peugeot 40? - Altea Ego
I have now seen three of these, and it does not look any better. Dont like it. I may do later, but at the moment? NON.