Rover 414i head - Civic8
Anyone know where in the Bromley SE london area I can get head skimmed.Just discovered oil in water so will have to replace H/gasket.Ps any ideas on price?
Rover 414i head - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
If you fancy the drive out I can recommend Southern Rebore Services at Rowfant near Crawley, 10 mins off M23.01342 713634 Bit of olde worlde service here from two engineers who know their trade. Offer discounts if headset and bolts bought at the same time. I know it sounds like a plug but they deserve it!

Andrew

Simplicate and add lightness!!
Rover 414i head - Civic8
Thanks Andrew I will give them a ring.not happy with prices so far.the worst is £750.best is £575.Car is only worth around £1500 so I may consider px`ing to a garage.
Rover 414i head - DL
Thought you just wanted it skimmed? £750??
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Rover 414i head - Civic8
I wanted to have the head skimmed plus with new H/gasket cam belt/tensioner.water pump.the total cost from main dealer comes out near on £1000 worth of work.I dont have the time to do it myself.a local garage want £650 plus vat for just doing the H/gasket.I think they mean they dont want to do it.
Rover 414i head - DL
I'd get rid of the car (PX) ASAP then....
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Rover 414i head - Civic8
As an update.I got in touch with the garage I bought it from.I only really wanted to know if the head had been done before.Apparently they had owned up to saying they forgot to ask for the car back after 500 miles for the head bolts to be redone.I did during conversation mention I may speak to trading standards.Although not sure if that made any difference?
I had the job done now running fine no oil in water.and have no slight misfire as had before.total cost £258 quid.am still puzzled as to the response from garage? but not complaining
Rover 414i head - DL
There is no requirement to recheck the head bolts after 500 miles - they're talking rubbish!
--
Rover 414i head - Civic8
I did not trust them anyway.I have had a good price for trade in at another garage.they know about the head prob but didnt seem very concerned.
Rover 414i head - DL
....Probably becasue they'll just trade it out anyway.
--