audi a6 sparkplug installation - dba
anybody installed sparkplugs on a new shape audi A6? trying to save a few quid and do it myself. any comments would be appreciated

thanks
audi a6 sparkplug installation - Aprilia
Just take it gently.

Blow out plug recesses with airline.

Crack the old plug free and work it back and forth 1/4 turn to start with, to clear the threads. Then unscrew.

Put a tiny smidgeon of copper grease on the thread of the new plug and put it in very carefully - use extension with a 'gripper' or a piece of rubber pipe over the plug body so that you can feel it going in. It should go in very easily - *don't cross thread it*.

When in as far as possible with finger torque use you ratchet. Just nip it up tight - don't overtighten (preferably use a 3/8" drive torque wrench and set to mfrs. torque, generally about 15-22ft. lbs. - but check in the manual).
audi a6 sparkplug installation - Peter D
Found them to be very tight. A squirt of WD40 once you have cracked them undone half a turn and leave them for a couple of minutes makes all the difference. I have a lenght of of tube with an old spark pluf threaded section brazed on the end and I use that to block of the hole whilst I blow all the debris out of the recess. and as above a touch of copper ease. Regards Peter