Strange incident at Reading - Thommo
Came off the M4 at Junction 11 (Madejski Stadium exit) and turned South on to the A33 yesterday (Sunday) at around 14:00.

There is a big roundabout on top of the M4 then you drop down on to a dual carriageway and the road curves to the left then straight on to another roundabout at Three Mile Cross.

As there is a dip and a turn a section of the road ahead of you is obscured. The guy in front of me indicated right and moved over, didn't think much about this except that he was probably turning right at the roundabout ahead, then a police car came in to view. It was deliberately parked in the obscured section so you could not see it from the roundabout on top of the M4. It had lights flashing so it wasn't as if it was parked dangerously but it was an odd place to be.

It was a full spec. Omega and had a camera mounted on a black pole on the rear drivers side. It looked like the kind of thing that could be mounted/removed quickly.

Came back the other way 30 minutes later and it was still there.

Now, the camera I assume was a numberplate recognition device and I assume it was parked in such a way that you could not see it from far away and avoid it but it all seemed highly curious.

If we have anyone from the Thames Valley force posting on this board could they advise what it was doing there?