Renault Service Intervals - BobbyG
My Diesel Scenic is coming up for 27000 miles. The handbook advises that the car has 18000 mile services but there is a free intermediate check at 27000 miles and there is space in the service book for this to be stamped.

Renault dealer advises me that although this is still in the handbooks, they have advised that any cars after 2000 no longer need this check.

Can anyone verify if this is true? I know its basically just a safety check of oil levels etc but as the car is still under warranty I wouldn't Renault to have an excuse if I came to claim at any point.
Renault Service Intervals - Altea Ego
Bobby
In my service book (edition november 2002) there is no mention of the free intermediate check. It just states 18k miles or two years, including the scenic (yours is the dci right?)
Yeah RF, mine is the dci. Should be OK to skip this then and just make sure my oil is OK?
Renault Service Intervals - No Do$h
Until it comes to trade-in time when they will point at the missing stamp, suck their teeth and offer you £500 less than the first laughably low figure they thought of.
Renault Service Intervals - puntoo
our renault megane scenic 19dci also has these 18k service intervals, but it also says that if you do a lot of stop start driving rather than motorway miles you should get an interim service every 9k (which is about 3k more than HJ seems to recommend). Of course this isn't explained when purchasing the car, only when you look at the small print in the service book.
Renault Service Intervals - Mapmaker
If it isn't needed, then no doubt if you take the book in they'll stamp it for you!
Renault Service Intervals - arnold2
Some of the Renualt's (and others) Petrol engines now have ultra long-lasting Iridium plugs - which can last 100k miles ... not giving the poor old garages much to do, it is ? ... :-))
Renault Service Intervals - AndyT
I have a Nov 2001 Clio dci, and was given a A4 photostat at time of purchase showing the 18,000 mile interval services with the free check at every other 9,000 miles, to be adhered for warranty cover...
Renault Service Intervals - harryhammer
The Service intervals are 18k or 2 years.
When these new intervals were introduced they implemented the free 9k safety check.
However about 6 months later they decided that the safety checks were not necessary.
If you do not have the safety checks, it will not invalidate your warranty.

I am in the know !!
Can you arrange for a letter from Renault to confirm that???
Renault Service Intervals - harryhammer
Yes you can.

Call there customer services on 0800 072 33 72
Renault Service Intervals - daryld

"If it is not written down then it was never said."

Some old proverb I read somehere....
Fyi, I contacted Reanault and I now have written confirmation from them that this intermediate service is no longer required.

As of January 2002 the free "Type b" interim service was removed from the servicing schedule for Renault vehicles. The reason for removal of these services were that they are no longer needed due to improvements made within the vehicles and those components that may have required servicing.

I can confirm what the dealer has explained to you, and that your vehicles warranty will not be effected by missing these interim services as they are no longer required.

I hope that I have answered your question. If you have any other enquiries
please feel free to contact us at Renault Customer Services.
Renault Service Intervals - PhilW
But would you feel right leaving the same oil and filter in for 18000 miles? Seems a hell of a long way to me - even if these modern oils are good, are they that good?