Zafira with strange clutch problem - rr
Moved to Technical - more chance of a response. ND

My car is a 2.2 petrol Zafira 2001 model with 57000 miles on the clock. It has a most annoying intermittent fault that the Vauxhall dealer seems to be at a complete lose to know what to do and is unable to cure the fault. Problem is the hydraulics to the clutch. It works fine when running round town but as soon as I go on a run of 20 miles or so at a constant speed of 70 ish all hydraulic pressure is lost leaving the vehicle without a clutch. Bleeding the system restores everything but it happens again after another 20 miles and so on..... Dealers remedy to date has been to check the hydraulic joints, replace the master cylinder all to no effect. I should also say that the car does not use any hydraulic fluid when the fault appears. Any ideas anyone?
Zafira Clutch Problem Help - Manatee
How I can't imagine, but is it boiling the fluid somewhere in the pipe run, maybe through contact with something it shouldn't be touching?
Zafira with strange clutch problem - Civic8
Has the slave cylinder been replaced.it may be a seal is taking in air.sometimes a seal has a slight split not big enough to lose fluid but accept air in which would cause loss of clutch.
is the pipe of the steel type from master to slave or is it of the plastic to steel nut type? ie the plastic pipe is compressed on to the joints.they have been known to fail
The slave cylinder has not been replaced because Vauxhall dont think this is the problem! When the slave cylinders fail the garage say they always leak and the fluid comes out of the drain hole in the gearbox. On top of the gearbox is the bleed valve connected to an aluminium casting which sits onto the top of the slave cylinder. This is held in place with a spring clip and is designed to have some movement on it. I have taken this off to have a look and inside there is a small rubber seal. I have tried to buy a replacement seal but they dont sell them only the complete slave cylinder. I do wonder if this could be part of the problem. What do you think?
I forgot to mention the bleed nipple.even that could cause it if it has a bit of dirt between nipple and body
It does seem as though heat is to blame somewhere because it only happens on a long journey, but I suppose it could also be beacuse the clutch doesnt get used on the motorway. If I consiously use the clutch say every 10 miles when on the motorway it seems to help the problem and I dont loose the hydraulics completely. I had to have the catalytic converter replaced yesterday because it had disintegrated. I was hoping this may have been the cause perhaps producing too much heat, but that was wishful thinking because it is just the same!! Any more ideas would be welcome.
You will need to check on the pipe run from master to slave.
if it is running close to say the exhaust/heater hose possibly this may well be the problem.But as I said could be slave cylinder has a problem.as you are not losing fluid can only be one of two probs.heat or air intake from bad seal or connection