Persecuted Kids - Mattster
Plod has been warning kids recently not to use their silent, battery powered scooters in public, either on the road or pavement. This is due to their "motorised" status, which would therefore require a licence, etc. etc.

Has the country gone mad? Why is it legal for kids to ride their pedal-powered bikes at up to 30mph, with no licence, insurance or anything, but illegal to ride a 10mph top speed puny electric scooter? And why aren't the following illegal, as they could also be hazardous:

Joggers
Horses
OAP electric buggies

I don't see any distiction at all between kids electric scooters and OAP buggiesin particular.

What would be the best way to distinguish between those methods of transport requiring a licence and insurance and those that don't. Perhaps top speed? Maximum power output?

Mattster
Boycott shoddy build and reliability.
Persecuted Kids - Manatee
The country has been going mad for some time. Witness the recent brouhaha over hanging baskets in Bury St Edmunds (where there are many motorists). Why not tell the foreman of the hanging basket gang to make sure they are secure? Because common sense is no longer a valued commodity.

Top speed might be reasonable criterion for the scooters, though I would feel safer with 3mph unless they were to be banned from pavements (as bicycles are in theory).
Persecuted Kids - Sooty Tailpipes
Thanks to politically correct liberal elite thinking, the Police can no longer catch the criminals, so they criminalise those they can catch.
Persecuted Kids - David Horn
I spent a very embarassing afternoon in Casualty last year after my foot got run over by a granny-buggy travelling at high speed. It bounced over my foot leaving me with a very sore set of toes. Painful, but the old lady was distraught, so I didn't take it any further. Got a few laughs in college though! It was partly my fault for walking on the pavement, I suppose, but....

Thinking back, I should have told the Daily Mail, they'd have a right go about little old ladies on a rampage.