Calibra Fuel Tank Outlet Pipe Flange - PParkerMotors
1996 Calibra 8 valve auto with a fuel leak from the tank's outlet pipe flange . (It's metal, with a plastic multiplug, and corroded beyond salvation).
After much investigation Vauxhall Customer Services at Luton have informed me that this part is no longer made and in fact doesn't even have a part number. They offered me the phone numbers of some used parts dealers , and suggested that I contact heritage clubs . The inference being that the alternative is to scrap this 8 year old car!
Incidentally , it's as clean as nip with leather interior and low mileage. Anyone else experienced what at face value appears to be Vauxhall's abandonment of its responsibilities to purchasers of its products? Phil Parker
Calibra Fuel Tank Outlet Pipe Flange - Dynamic Dave
As the Calibra is just basically a Cavalier Coupe, I would see if an equivalent part is still available for a Cavalier and compare it with yours.
Calibra Fuel Tank Outlet Pipe Flange - Dynamic Dave
Another place you might also like to try and source the parts from is www.autovaux.co.uk
Calibra Fuel Tank Outlet Pipe Flange - Victorbox
Call Peter Fletcher at Vauxhall Heritage. Tel 0121 522 6681 www.vauxhallheritage.com/ They are an officially approved "obsolete" parts finder for Vauxhall. They will scour every Vauxhall dealer in the UK & probably Opel on the Continent as well. If someone has it in stock they will find it. Even if you don't have a part number they are pretty good with just a description of the part.
Calibra Fuel Tank Outlet Pipe Flange - PParkerMotors
Postscript to this thread. The part was not available from any source .
I welded two new pipes into the flange, keeping the multiplug submerged in water to protect it from the generated heat. I subsequently coated the whole item with petro patch fluid and left it to harden for 24 hours. It proved a successful, if ultimately temporary, measure.
GM Luton, later wrote a letter to the owner implying that they had no legal obligation to stock or continue to make available items such as this.
I leave you to draw your own conclusions. Phil Parker