306 central locking - again! - owen
OK, before anyone suggests it, i\'ve looked in the archives but can\'t find reference to my exact problem, although there are similar problems which may still be due to the same thing.

So, just to check, my 3 door 1996 306 XSi decides to lock itself randomly. Sometimes it will lock and unlock repeatedly for a few seconds. Looking at past posts, the most likely cuplrit seems to be broken wires between the A-pillar and door. But are there any other obvious things to check? Also, is it easy to check the wires? I don\'t really want to spend the weekend messing around with a multimeter, but neither do i want to pay £40 an hour to a mechanic just for him to confirm what i think is wrong. So any advice and experience is very gratefully recieved!
306 central locking - again! - Andrew-T
An innocent's suggestion - your description sounds like the normal response when a door is not fully closed, which I assume depends on a signal from the courtesy switch. Are they OK?
The thing\'s just locked me inside it - i tried to open the door, but the handle did nothing, the only way i could get out was to wind down the window and unlock the car using the key from outside????? So, does this means that the deadlocks are activating? The keyfob hasn\'t worked for a while, so i just lock and unlock using the key, not sure if that has any significance?
By the way, felt a right turnip in sainsbury's car park, leaning out of the window unlocking the car, don't know what people must have thought!
306 central locking - again! - hm
sorry mate,

I would check the wires between the door and A post, broken wires are easily spotted.

I have a 306DT, first it was the windows not working, then it was the doors.

I did a lot of cutting, soldering and shrink wrapping.

it has now been fine for over 1.5 years.
306 central locking - again! - AN Other
Here\'s a thread with details of a possible bodge:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=14...7

Peugeot central locking and electrics in general have shortened my life. Try a forum search on \"Peugeot central locking\" - we are not alone, and you\'ll find LOTS of useful advice...