Road Angel & Installation - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Just bought one of these devices owing to frequent encounters with cameras.Excellent at highlighting local blackspots, North Derbyshire, where I have indeed seen several accidents in recent times.Local fixed cameras all highlighted as well.
I'll want to make the installation neater in due course. Car is a 2001 Passat- anyone had experience of concealing a power cable?
I'm hoping that there is a gap between the dashboard and windscreen to feed the cable to the steering column area where hopefuly there will be a suitable power source.
Road Angel & Installation - MarkSmith
Hi,

I've got a method of beating those liberty-denying speed cameras! Don't tell anyone I told you though!

When you're driving around, right, there are these signs by the road with red circles around them, and numbers in the middle. On your car there is this dial, OK, which has numbers on it. Numbers like 10, 20, 30, 40 and so on. What you have to do is when you see one of the signs, make sure the number the needle is pointing to is the same as or less than the number on the sign.

It works every time, it's brilliant!

-Mark
Road Angel & Installation - mick c
Good advice Mark, and I agree, but not much help for the guy with the install question.
Road Angel & Installation - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

I've been driving for over 35 years and am also well aware of the increased energy at higher speeds, 1/2 mv squared and all that.
I can not spend all my time looking at the speedo and watch out for pedestrians, other drivers etc. The actual arc of the speedo needle between 30 (unmarked) and 35 is very small on my Passat. A 160 mph speedo is fitted. I therefore find it extremely difficult to stay at 30 , even running in 4th gear, and often stray above the legal limit. I want to be able to drive slower- especially at black spots.
Road Angel & Installation - Malcolm_L
Yes,
where the 'A' pillar meets the dashboard, I managed to get a handsfree microphone cable from the top of the 'A' pillar through to behind the glovebox.
Glovebox is secured by 6/7 torx screws, a little bit of room to conceal wiring, fuse, etc.
Road Angel & Installation - BB
I think that it was 7 torx heads as I undid 6 and accidently snapped the last one off when replacing my heater fan.