Clio accelerator cable recall - Bill Ward
We had an urgent recall instruction on our R Reg Clio. I called the Renault Dealer in Woking - good polite service. They don't have parts to fix, cables are on back order and they don't know when there will be any. They will call me.

I called Renault UK. They have a "help" line which promises two minutes to answer your call, holds you with music for 8 to 10 minutes and then drops the call.

I called again - note this is to the registered office of a company which has told me our car has a potentially life threatening fault (if the cable snaps in the middle of a right turn for instance) but has not arranged the resources to rectify the matter.

I asked for the MD's secretary to lodge a complaint but was obdurately referred back to the help line.

Twenty minutes of wasted time later "Ben" promised me a call back this afternoon. He didn't know of the recall.

I tried using the Web - Renault don't respond the their email.

I followed through www.vehiclerecalls.co.uk That is Eclipse marketing, where a line is plugged through to the same inadequate help line. They said they'd get me through to Renault Head office. The specifically called me back to put me through to a person in authority.

Guess what - they plugged me into the 'help' line.

I won't buy another Renault and I suggest that anyone contemplating doing so checks out Renault UK to discover how indifferent they are to the concerns of their customers.
Re: Clio accelerator cable recall - ladas are cool
get in touch with a few renault dealers, as one dealer might have the parts in stock, or might be able to get the parts sooner.
Lloyds Bank are worse - fred smith
talking about call centres/help lines/bad response

Lloyds bank are switching all their lines to branches over to call centres, and the service is getting worse and worse

I rarely call the bank, the 3 times I have had to call the bank in the last few months have been terrible

Even a complaint letter response was hardly helpful

This Thursday took the biscuit...

"Can I ask you some security questions"

me "yes"

"Re Cheque number 123456, who was it to, and how much for"

me "Dont know my cheque book is at home"

"You were in Asda last week and used your switch card, how much did you spend"

me "I push a trolley round asda now and then, fill it up, and have no clue how much I'm signing for at the time never mind several days later"

"sorry you have failed our security questions can you go into your branch"

me "no I'm miles from a branch, can I speak to a superviosr"

Supervisor "I think these are very reasonable questions, I know how much I spent in the supermarket"

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DOES ANYONE KNOW A DECENT BANK ?
Re: Lloyds Bank are worse - Mark (Brazil)
>>DOES ANYONE KNOW A DECENT BANK ?

Royal Bank of Scotland International
Isle of Man.

Outstanding and personal service.
Re: Lloyds Bank are worse - richard price
i have an internet SMILE account - to give you an example the sterling equiv of 500 dollars was removed from my account somewhere in the west indies their fraud department resolved the matter within three days, their site is good and helpline very helpfull. I have no connection.
Re: Lloyds Bank are worse - David Woollard
You're quite right about Lloyds and this issue.

I commented to them the other day that all the questions they asked me (similar to above) could be answered by someone who had found my last statement sheet.

Nothing was of a very personal nature or specific information known only to me.

With Lloyds again I had one of these cashpoint machine errors they say can never happen. Did everything normal at the machine but there was no money from the slot. It had showed the withdrawal (£200) on my account and it took a very powerful "attack" on their customer services/managers to sort this one out. Their attitude for 48hrs was akin to "you may have banked with us for 25 years, and been a perfect customer, but now we will treat you like a fraudster".

It was resolved when they paid back the £200 plus £50 compensation after 3 days, admitting the machine/computer had faulted.

David
Re: Lloyds Bank are worse - Bill Ward
Interesting. I heard one of their Managers appologising for their service on the Radio on Saturday. Apparently no-one can get through to their branches because they stop customers at the "Help" centres. Apparently they have employed more people to solve this.

I suggect the following:

Check out the number of the TSB (building society) branch in the same immediate area to your Lloyds Bank and phone that number. Ask them to put the call through to the Bank. It works for me!

Furthermore, all their Regional Managers have mobile phones. I've had the number of my Regional Manager at Lloyds/TSB for ages. I don't abuse it, but it's nice to have.

Finally, use the Internet and most of the service issues go away.

I'm a rather boring, Happy, long-term Lloyds customer.

But, like you, if they diddle me out of money I'll melt someone:)

Bill