uk armed services imported cars - Ian Morgan
John

I have just started looking for a Fiat Coupe 20V turbo and 2 cars I rang up this week were either being sold by UK army/RAF people or the previous owner was army/RAF and the cars had been imported with the obvious tax savings. Are these cars as good as UK supply cars and providing they are HPI clear are the values unaffected?

IM
RE: uk armed services imported cars - honestjohn
No, the cars are imports. are valued as imports and always will be.

HJ
RE: uk armed services imported cars - T lucas
There are always diferences with prices on cars, but to say that because a car has come in from abroad and been imported by anyone other than an official importer is worth less at any age is wrong.All of the big super markets have unofficial cars for sale and find little difficulty finding homes for them with end users,and when they have finished with them they will often find their way into franchised dealers stocks or auction halls and very few people either know or care.There are people that might have some resistance to an Opel Zafira over the Vauxhall badged equivilant,but judging by what i have seen at a large Vauxhall dealer locally the customers were paying the same price for six month old Opels as Vauxhalls.People in the trade may try and knock them back but the retail customer sees the car as the same.I could bore you with many other examples my favorite being the Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero where the word says the the Shogun is worth far more than the Pajero,real life sugests something rather different.