Audi A3 Sportback - Audi A3 wont crank after cleaning fuses - Kie

Hi, first time posting a car forum so hoping somebody can help. My Audi A3 indicators and wipers stopped working today with no previous issue. I checked the fuses and there was no problem there. I then checked online and seen somebody suggest the remove and clean of the steering control module fuse (marked 100 in the fusebox). I done this and the indicators and wipers came back to life.

However, now the indicators and wipers are working the car wont start. If you turn the ignition key it wont crank at all. The P on the automatic gearbox is flashing which has never happened before. I override the gearbox and moved between the drive, neutral etc and with each switch the corresponding letter was flashing. I have disconnected the battery and cleaned the terminals but still nothing. All of the electrics are working fine and the battery has plenty of charge. vI have rechecked all the fuses and everything appears fine. Could it be an immobilser issue that kicked in when the steering control module fuse was removed?

Can anybody help me to find out why after checking the fuses to fix the indicator/wiper issue it has resolved one issue but created a bigger one with the engine not cranking.

Thanks

Audi A3 Sportback - Audi A3 wont crank after cleaning fuses - elekie&a/c doctor
Age of car ? Petrol/ diesel / engine size ???

2008 Diesel 2.0

Where is this fuse #100 ? Not listed on my fuse box plan .

It is the R1 slot - center

Not too sure what you’ve done here , but R1 is relay 100 , it’s not a fuse . It’s marked as ignition main circuit relay .

ISSUE RESOLVED

Replaced the fuse for the control unit for gearbox and the car is running again without the Park flashing on the gearstick