Citroen C5 Suspension - thines
Has anyone experienced any problems with C5 suspension jacking up and down whilst the vehicle is stationary.My C5 has had two new sensors fitted followed by a Citoen upgrade that involved fitting 10 new components.Whilst this has improved the situation, after along journey the suspension still pitches up and down whilst the vehicle is stationary with the engine running.Comments from others who have experienced this problem would be greatly appreciated.Dealers answer is that this is caused by hydraulic fluid draining back through the system Ho Ho Ho!

Citroen C5 Suspension - Mondaywoe
Sorry, I've never had any problems like this with my one, but I have heard of it. Someone even said it happened with the car parked, locked and abandoned by it's owner!

The whole setup is pressurised by an electric pump which is fed with power even while the ignition is off (at least until the 'economy mode' kicks in.If you open a car door in the morning and sit inside, the pump immediately starts up to compensate for your body weight. Similarly, if you open the tailgate and sit on the boot lip (ignition off) the car will gently lift your feet off the floor - to re-establish a 'horizontal' attitude.

Now unfortunately, I don't know how the sensors actually work. (Mr Haynes took a sickie when I asked him for a C5 manual! but either something is occurring that disturbs the 'equilibrium' of the car or else the sensors are sending incorrect info. (Like problems with your inner ear making you dizzy!)

Are tyre pressures OK? Do you carry any unusual loads? Do you 'exercise' the hydraulics by occasionally moving the suspension fully up / fully down a few times? There might be air or a leak in the system. The system should maybe be re-filled with fluid and the filters cleaned.

Has your C5 had the 'official' rear suspension modification? Was it done properly? Is the software controlling the suspension up to date?

Dunno if this is any help at all - doubt it!

Graeme
Citroen C5 Suspension - Reggie
Yes, it was me that posted that I saw a C5 going up and down whilst parked, unoccupied and presumably without the engine on. It kept me amused for over 15 minutes (whilst I sat on a bench enjoying a beautiful view at Reeth) until I moved on, and was still doing it as I left.
Sorry though, I can't help with the problem.

Reggie
Citroen C5 Suspension - Ben79
I have felt my C5 suspension move while switched off and the steering wheel turned close to full-lock.

If the ride is good, then I wouldn't worry, if not, try another dealer.

Ben
On my 3rd Citroen. Saxo, Xsara, C5.
Citroen C5 Suspension - BobbyDazzler
What a small world reggie.....my daughter lives in Reeth.

t'wasn't her C5 though!

Bob
Citroen C5 Suspension - PeterB67
The suspension on my C5 has "adjusted" itself while the car is stationary since it was new. This is particularly noticeable if you are not parked on the level or if you have driven over rough ground immediately prior to stopping the car. The self levelling function continues to work for some time after the engine is switched off. It is quite strange to lock the car and see it's suspension self levelling after you have walked away from it, but I reckon it's happening by design. (or a software glitch)