Forum search - Stephen
Well you can see that I really am bored this evening - so kicking around late here decided to add in a search facility to this forum. We already had it for another product, so I only needed to adapt it back to this site - so no I can't code that fast!

Anyway, you can see it on the RHS column just above help.
I expect it might have some terrible bugs in it, but have fun anyway.

Just don't cane it too much doing searches on message bodies for funny combinations of strings - unless of course you really want that kind of query.
Remember for that kind of search it really will have to go through all 100Ks worth of posts!

Feedback welcome...

Have fun

Oh, and BTW, if you see a big difference between numbers of posts for a particular person and that shown in their profile, it's because the archive forum uses their name as a text string - it came from the old open source phorum data imported, whilst the profile uses the user id in the newer posts of this software.

----------------------------------
Stephen Khoo
www.khoosys.net
Forum search - eMBe {P}
Haven't tried it yet, but a long awaited feature. Thanks Stephen.

Can you explain the retention of the different software between the search box at the top and the search link on the right? For me, the search box at the top will be virtually redundant as my serches are mostly to do with posts in the forum rather than the whole site.
Forum search - M.M
Stephen,

Top man, for a thinking forum user the lack of a user defined and accurate search has been an absolute pain.

Right from the begining when this new forum was being tested the "Dig" search was an issue...but one that was kindly tolerated by most.

I've tested this new one of yours and it seems to find nearly everything, the ability to narrow the search is invaluable.

Well done.

M.M