lack of bass - jim_mapps
Hey...

just installed a nice sony 4 channel amp and it all sounds nice and clear. Problem is I have lost all the bass which I had before I used an amp... even at the same volume I used to play it at.

any ideas?
lack of bass - edisdead {P}
Speakers wired out of phase?
Check red/black (or equivalent) speaker cables are attached to +/- terminals consistently.
Ed.
lack of bass - jim_mapps

I was real carefull with that, the negative side is the one with the smaller connection of the two right?
lack of bass - Dan J
Could equally apply to the inputs as well.

From memory, I know a mate of mine had a similar issue and it turned out to be some microscopic switch on the amp that when turned on fed all low frequency out to a (non-existent) sub-woofer. Once turned off it was fine.
lack of bass - 3500S
Also poor physical positioning and fitting will not help. Make sure there's some air to move, bass is all about moving air and also from a secured position. To remove any unwanted vibration and improve direction, fit some sound absorbing material around the speaker mounting.

lack of bass - roscopervis
More than likely you have the hpf (high pass filter) on which stops bass getting to speakers. Turn this onto full range to enjoy the full spectrum of sound.

Value my car