Peugeot 306 1.4 W Reg - Mark_Peugeot306
Hey Guys,

I really need help on this one, its getting expensive but driving me MAD !!!!!!!!!!!!1.

After about 5,000 Miles the brakes started to become very squeeky. I took it into Kwik Fit who advised the pads to be changed. I handed over my hard earned cash and within 500 miles the brakes started to squeek again. At my 10,000 service they noticed that the brakes had hit the min mark and advised a change of pads and to lubricate the caliper. I had the pads changed again ! within 500 miles the brakes started to squeek again. I have recently took it in for its 20,000 miles service and have been informed the pads are down to min marker again and my drums are lipped.

Within 500 miles .... the brakes are squeeking even worse !!!!.

My driving style would never warrant this amount of brake pad changes any ideas what could be wrong ?!?!?!. As the frequency of changing the pads etc is costing me a small fortune.

I also took my car into peugeot, they were useless and gave the response "all cars brakes squeek ?".

There must be something seriously wrong for the amount of wear ?. I have also had brake fluid changed recently to see if that would help .... no affect
Peugeot 306 1.4 W Reg - Dynamic Dave
How often do you wash the car, and more importantly do you take it for a short drive afterwards to dry out the brakes?
Peugeot 306 1.4 W Reg - Andrew-T
Now that disks are intended to wear almost as fast as the pads, I would assume something is wrong somewhere if the pads are genuinely worn out after 5000 miles. Possibly one pad is stuck and all the wear is on the moving pad - maybe the other three are hardly worn but all 4 have to be replaced?
Peugeot 306 1.4 W Reg - David Lacey
Caliper sticking?
To be honest, I think it might be the caliper sticking and i think i might suggest that both front calipers are changed. I am bit wary about it though, as i dont want to throw money away to find that the problem is still there. Is there a way to tell if the caliper is at fault ?

I am off to the garage tomorrow to give them some stick !

If they tell me all brakes squeek :) and its a known issue with peugeot :) I might ram some screenwash down there throat.
Took me car to the garage.

They noticed the brakes are squeeking. They have lubricated some parts but they are concerned that the brakes are extremely hot (i live 2 mins from the garage) and also they have been worn down a bit too much ? any ideas.

Peugeot 306 1.4 W Reg - pug_306_xsi_8v
try changing the disk and pads together.
I have had a chat to another mechanic who seems to have a better idea of what the problem could be.

The pistons on the caliper are locked on the one side ?