Smart Motorways?!?! - Over Labyss

So much for the efficiency of our smart motorway network camera coverage and rapid response.

Yesterday, Saturday, M6 south just below jct 13 4 lane running no warnings, car stopped presumably broken down on live left lane.

Today, Sunday, M1 south around jct 29 4 lane running, no warnings, car stopped presumably broken down on live left lane.

Dunno about you lot but i'm unsure about these so called smart motorways and thgink the dangers outweigh the benefits, very happy with the 4 lane section M1 between Nottm and Mansfield and some of the newer M25 sections, just as they should be 4 permanent running lanes and a good wide hard shoulder for emergencies..fortunately both days very few lorries on the road, good visibility dry conditions, that brings to 7 now the memorable stopped unwarned of vehicles i've come across on fast moving smart motorways, all the rest have been in the west mids section at busy times in dangerous stretches.

Just to note, i know you lot will be interested, both vehicles were RangeRovers, yesterdays was disgracefully, new model unknown cos they all look the same to me, todays was an ageing P38 and that old warrior is entitled to the odd hiccup.

Edited by Avant on 24/06/2020 at 16:50

Smart Motorways?!?! - gordonbennet

Thanks for quoting word for word, including typos, a post of mine made several months ago, presumably the SPAM you've inserted via the row of question marks is the whole point of your pointless post, wasted here because no one here will click on it, if they do it will be to warn the rest of us to avoid having any dealings at all.

Edited by gordonbennet on 24/06/2020 at 12:26

Smart Motorways?!?! - Avant

Thanks GB. Link deleted and the account of the sub-species disabled.

Smart Motorways?!?! - gordonbennet

Much obliged to me learned friend.

Doesn't help re-reading ones post and realising ones English master (O level only) would disown one.

Smart Motorways?!?! - Andrew-T

Fairly stupid posting on a Wednesday telling us that yesterday was Saturday ..... :-)

Smart Motorways?!?! - Avant

Indeed. I'd love to know what, if anything, goes on in the mind of someone like that.

No rational person would buy anything advertised in that way: most rational people wouldn't open the link in the first place. So what on earth is the point?

Smart Motorways?!?! - alan1302

Indeed. I'd love to know what, if anything, goes on in the mind of someone like that.

No rational person would buy anything advertised in that way: most rational people wouldn't open the link in the first place. So what on earth is the point?

They are not looking for rational people?

Main thing I think a lot of these comes how Google places a company within their search list - Google sees that a company has a lot of links on different websites so must be popular and so puts that company higher up the list.

Smart Motorways?!?! - Engineer Andy

Fairly stupid posting on a Wednesday telling us that yesterday was Saturday ..... :-)

:-) That reminds me of two undergrads from the Far East on my college course in the mid 90s who cheated by copying, word-for-word, another student's coursework by taking it from the top of the pile submitted for marking, then replaced all three back on top.

Needless to say, after a very short investigation, the two miscreants were thrown out.