24 Year old looking to buy first car and don’t know what price range to look in - SLO76
This is a UK site so none of us will be able to offer much if any help I’m afraid, none of the cars you’re looking at are available in Europe and insurance and the used market etc will be very different no doubt.

If you were living here I’d advise against borrowing for a first car as you will almost certainly have the odd knock and ding while actually learning to drive (you may have a licence but it takes experience to become a driver) and instead I’d just spend what you have saved on a simple, easy to insure, petrol engined car with a Japanese designed engine. Don’t get too interested in prestige or performance until both budget and skill allow.
24 Year old looking to buy first car and don’t know what price range to look in - Andrew-T

SLO, Americans aren't sure what 'petrol' is .... :-)

24 Year old looking to buy first car and don’t know what price range to look in - SLO76
See my lack of Stateside knowledge is shown up already,
24 Year old looking to buy first car and don’t know what price range to look in - FP

"Americans aren't sure what 'petrol' is .... :-)"

Kerosene, isn't it? Or maybe not... Mineral spirits, maybe?

Edited by FP on 23/11/2019 at 11:55

24 Year old looking to buy first car and don’t know what price range to look in - Brit_in_Germany

Gasoline, I believe, hence "gas pedal".

24 Year old looking to buy first car and don’t know what price range to look in - FP

Oh. You didn't spot my irony. I must be feeling off today. :-)

24 Year old looking to buy first car and don’t know what price range to look in - badbusdriver

I was on here early this morning and there was a very long peculiar looking thread giving 'advice' (along with some dodgy looking links) on different aspects of what makes one car more suitable for your needs, and was clearly from the States. It has vanished now i see, point is that i'm 90% certain it was the same user name as the one on this thread. So, given how suspicious it would seem for the same OP to be starting two threads opposite to each other, i don't think anyone should take this one too seriously!.

24 Year old looking to buy first car and don’t know what price range to look in - elekie&a/c doctor
Any one seen the musical Spamalot?
24 Year old looking to buy first car and don’t know what price range to look in - Andrew-T

Gasoline, I believe, hence "gas pedal".

Indeed. Kerosene = paraffin or aircraft fuel.

I remember a large roadside sign at a gas-station cum café which read 'EAT AND GET GAS'. We wondered what food they served ....